Part Two: Ray

Aracelia worked feverishly, driving the end of the whipped cream slightly above the mug as it spluttered atop, decorating the caffeine.

“Lia…” Aracelia glanced up as her name was called from right ahead of her. Across the counter from her was Ray. He had the usual creepy gleam in his eyes that sent shivers down your spine.

“Oh, hello Ray.” Aracelia slid the mug she was working on to Andre. Ray readjusted the way he was standing, and began to lean over the counter, Aracelia took a step back.

“I brought the cat stuff Bailey asked for, it’s out in my car.” Ray reached a hand and cocked a thumb towards the door. Aracelia stared.

“Erm, would you mind bringing it in here? I’m still working.” Ray’s gaze seemed to harden, he leaned closer over the counter.

“I can’t do that.” Aracelia took another step back as Ray heaved a heavy sigh, “Just come get it after you’re done working, I’ll stay around.”

“I’m sorry, I don’t feel comfortable doing that Ray, I’ll just go get some stuff myself.” Aracelia turned, and began to stride off. Ray let out a small grumble and slammed his hands onto the counter, before turning and stomping out. Truthfully, Aracelia’s shift ended in around 10 minutes, but there was no way she was going to admit that to Ray. She breathed out a hefty sigh, and made her way to the back, where she began to gather her stuff.

“Lia, who was that guy?” Andre appeared at the side of the doorway, watching her with such intensity it seemed to be slightly suffocating.

“Oh, that’s just Ray, he’s a little bit much.” Aracelia offered a slightly saddened grin, god he was so uncomfortable to be around. Andre gave her an intrigued look, before stepping backwards.

“He's more than a bit much.” Andre shook his head, “I'm sure the manager would let me walk you home if I tell him what's going on.”

“No no… it’s fine Andre, I won’t ever let Ray hurt me.” Aracelia grinned, drawing to her feet again. As she passed Andre, she offered him a little shoulder bump. Taking in a deep breath, she started out from behind the counter. She took slow steps toward the door, begging Ray wouldn’t be outside the door waiting for her. Who knows what he’d do. Aracelia shook her head, and flung open the door, before taking a large step out of it. The harsh falling snow had lessened into nothing but a little sprinkle. With that, she turned, and began walking. She didn’t manage to get very far, maybe an inch from the doorway before a hand fastened onto her shoulder. She let out a small gasp of surprise before ripping her arm away, leaving the person's hand levitating in the air.

Spooky cliffhanger short part