Part Five: I'll Protect You

“What the hell did you do?!” She exclaimed, rushing feverishly to the bathroom, where she fished out a first aid kit. Blood still dragged from Damien’s nose, although not the heaviest it could be. 

“I got rid of Ray for you, Lia.” Aracelia sneered, eyebrows furrowing as she worked through the first aid kit, attempting to find some sort of help. When nothing came up, she moved back to the bathroom, and fished a handful of toilet paper. 

“You’re an idiot! Do you not remember when this same thing happened in highschool? You almost got arrested, Damien!” Aracelia whisper-yelled, she couldn’t exactly go all out seeing as she was surrounded by neighbors. 

“I’m not gonna let some dick creep on you, Lia. If I have to get my hands dirty to keep him away from you, I’m going to risk it.” Damien turned his gaze upwards to stare at her. Although Aracelia’s face remained rather exasperated, a hint of a smile crept at the corner of her lips. She reached her hand, placing the toilet paper on the bridge of Damien’s nose and pinching it. 

“I cannot believe you.” Aracelia sighed, shaking her head as she raised her opposite hand to swish the strand of Damiens hair that was soaking in the blood that was beginning to dry beneath his nose. 

“I will do anything to protect you.”