1- Fight

-Adunni's POV

-Adunni's POV

" Adunni!" The familiar voice of my mom calls rom downstairs.

" Yes mom, I'm coming!" I yell back, quickly grabbing my school bag and heading downstairs.

" Good morning mom" I greet as I drop my bag on one of the dining chairs.

" Morning, how many minutes will it take you to get ready?" My mom asks, hands on her hips.

" Mom, this is a new semester I'm in SS2 now and a new class calls for a new and better look" I reply as I walk to the fridge and take out an apple.

" I don't get it with you and this your generation" she snorts as she took a sip of her coffee.

" You parents never get it" I joke as I take a bite of my apple.

" I don't think I want to get it" My mom replies, laughing softly.

"Where's dad?" I ask.

" He's gone to work, they have a very important meeting with a few investors" she answered, checking the time on her watch.

" Speaking of important, I need to get you to school, get your stuff so we can go"

I quickly grab my school bag from the dining chair and follow mom out the front door.

We get in and mom starts the engine. She honks the horn as our gateman, Ahmed came out and opened the gate.

The ride to school is peaceful as I and mom gist about how different our generations are.

Soon, we are at the gates of my school. I feel my heart begin to race. I don't know why, but a new term always feels like my first day all over again.

Getting down from the car I say my goodbyes to my mom and head through the school gate. " Good morning Bolaji "

" Ah.. Adunni how are you?" He asks

" I'm fine Bolaji and you?" I asked. " I'm fine my dear'' he replies.

Bolaji is the security man and a good friend of mine who had saved me from being locked out of school when I came extremely late.

I smile and wave him goodbye as I walked towards the entrance to the school.

As I step through the door, I am met with the familiar hallways filled with lively chatter.