8- lost

Angeola's POV

I woke up to a steady beeping sound. My eyes felt heavy as I tried to open them. Where am I?

The strong smell of antiseptic hits me and I instantly realize I am in the hospital. I force my eyes open, shutting them immediately as the bright lights burn.

I open them again, trying to get used to the light. When I'm sure I'm fine, I look around.

I was right.

I'm in a hospital.

Suddenly, everything comes flooding back.

My mom drugged me.

Blood.

My baby.

My thoughts are frantic as tears begin to fill my eyes.

" My baby " I whimper as I begin to panic. The heart rate monitor begins to beat at a wild pace as I begin sobbing.

Suddenly, a woman in a white coat that I suppose to be the doctor, walks in.

" Miss Oluwa you need calm down" the doctor says, gesturing with her hands for me to breathe.

I take slow and deep breaths as I try to calm down, the heart rate monitor reducing to a steadier beat.

" My baby" I whisper, looking into the doctors eyes. " Is my baby okay?"

The doctor stares at me with sad eyes, and I instantly know what she's about to say.

" No" I sob. " I'm sorry Miss Oluwa, but you're baby didn't survive" the doctor says sadly. I can hear the pity in her voice.

" No!!" I yell, banging my fists on the hospital bed." My baby" I cry.

I feel so numb.

My ears are ringing.

" What is it?" I hear a familiar voice speak. I look up to see the woman who murdered my child; the woman who murdered her grandchild.

" You" I sneer, pushing myself to sit up. I eye her from bottom to top, my body rigid with anger.

" You're disgusting" I spit.

At this point I don't care if she birthed me or raised me, she ruined that by killing an innocent child just because of her reputation.