Spinning

I tumbled out of the gravity room, into the bridge. The empty room was filled with bodies and debris. The bridge crew hadn't fared much better than I had. There were people with smashed heads and open cuts and gashes, bodies twisted in weird ways. Intestines, brains, and blood. Blood, blood floating in odd little spheres, splashing on walls, computers, people, staining the room red.

I spun around hitting a wall, and getting a glimpse out the window. There were flashes and lights flaring. I spotted a few small ship like objects, flying nearby the window. The lights ripped across from the little fish like ships and shook our ship. I was hit by the wall again, losing sight of the window. I spun in disorienting circles, hitting bodies and metal. I heard a tremendous tearing sound and the ship spun drastically. I saw the window in a spin.

The outside was filled with one thing, a planet, large and foreboding. I spun into a computer counsel, sending it off the mount it was on. It flew across the room, smashing into a wall. I was so banged up I had lost most of my ability to register pain. I was just a body flipping around with other bodies. I glimpsed the window again. It was orange. Blindingly orange.

I tried the close my eyes against the light, but my body barely registered, getting smashed into a wall, feeling an odd sensation in my knee. A bridge hand smashed into the wall next to me, shattering his head on the metal. Blood jetted out, almost in bubbles. I felt like vomiting, from the movement and the sight. The walls shook madly, and the room was getting brighter.

We were passing into the atmosphere.

The ship began lurching I hit my shoulder on a pipe on the ceiling. The ship stopped shaking quickly, and slowly spun. It was almost peaceful. Slowly rotating down toward the planet. It was calming, the shaking and bumps stopped, just the slow rotations. I felt my consciousness fading, vision growing dark. My stomach was being pushed against, out of my throat. I slipped into darkness. I had no awareness for who knows how long. I was basically sleeping.

I was then wrenched from my sleep as a huge jolt launched me into the window. My feet connected, I felt pain, and heard crashing, and then there was darkness.