The Mind of Pain

Pain. Throbbing extreme pain. All was pain, just pain. It was me, my brain received nothing else, just the endless waves of pain. I couldn't see, I couldn't hear, I couldn't think. My brain seemed completely inactive, but the pain was still received, neurons firing. I became a mere idea, pain overriding everything I knew and could reason with. It pushed against the limits of my mind, tearing against my state of being, ripping my mind from reality. I no longer felt pain as people know it, it was me. I existed only alongside the pain, now a part of my existence. Time no longer mattered, basic human needs, gone. I became something else, for that short time, I wish I could go back, uncover what was like to exist in a dimension of pain, to see the world through the eyes of pain.

I got to for a short time.

I felt out in waves, feeling the pain of the bodies around myself. I was no longer a single organism, I was a force, I was part of pain itself. I felt the gashes, cuts, bones, rips, tears, fractures and breaks. I felt out feeling different sources of pain. I throbbed, shot, and burned, expanding my bodiless mind across the dimension. I felt myself feeling pain, off the planet, into the systems, into galaxies. I expanded further using people's pain as a pathway. I reached out feeling across my plain, reaching into oblivion.

And something in oblivion brushed against me. I jumped, as well as a formless creature could, and gathered my expanse into a concentrated form. What ever had touched me was big, far bigger than me. It shifted around me, in a slow serpent-like pace. It stirred, quivering, brushing past slowly. It was huge, giant, bigger than comprehension, I was the size of an ant to it, barely comparable. It shifted and blasted me with a wall of force. My energy was smashed. I lashed out in self defense. The force was nothing to the being's power. The push I sent out could level cities, take out planets, destroy galaxies. My blast bounced off harmlessly. It was like trying to kill a whale by shooting it with a water gun.

The being shifted and launched a huge wave of power, I felt my being crashing in on itself, compressing. I was forced back into the small body that had once contained my mind. I felt the knowledge and power I had known and felt being snatched away. The memories left my head, leaving me with a empty space in my memory, and a head ache. My mind was forced into my body and I opened my eyes.