Chapter 18: True Colors (Part Three)

(Sorry for the late upload, I was really busy yesterday. Also sorry for the quality of the next few chapters I decided to use the anime as a template and season two is just a filler season. Also uploading may become a little weird because I'm hopefully moving soon, and I have worse adhd then a toddler on a sugar rush.)

"I guess we both are then." He pauses for a moment as he presses his face against my hair. "But what makes you think I care more about you than I crave death?" My eyes widen, I didn't know what I was expecting... I grab onto his shirt as I start to cry.

"I want King..." I mutter very quietly. He grabs onto the back of my dress again, almost as if he didn't want me to move.

"I'm about to die as far as you know, and you want to leave me now? And after saying that kind of line? And here I thought you cared about me." He starts laughing but his voice sounds almost weak, kind of helpless. "All I asked was a question. You don't have to go and ditch me for my best friend." I look up at him red-faced and whimpering. He chuckles slightly as he cups my cheeks. "You look just like an annoying baby who didn't get her way." He wipes the tears from my eyes.

"Grumpy Old Man." I mutter. It seems to give him a bigger smile. "You're really mean." His eyes look so shiny, almost glowing again, and soft.

"Am I really that mean?" He asks, his smile looks so stupid and childlike.

"Yes! Yes, you a-" He cuts me off with a soft kiss on the cheek.

"Do you still think I'm mean?" I gently place my hand on the spot he kissed, I can feel how hot my face is, I must be glowing red. "I've noticed something about you." His smile almost seems to grow as the slightest hint of a pinkish hue dusts his cheeks. "You call me your friend but, that's not what you seem to think." He starts laughing again.

"H-huh?"

"I think you're starting to develop a little crush on me."

"I-I..." Helbram turns his head towards the fight.

"Well, look at that."

"Huh?" I look over. A large explosion rings across the sky. I don't see Hendrickson anywhere nor Meliodas for that matter. Never mind there's Meliodas, he falls to the ground. But where's...?

Captain!" Diane shouts before a girl helps Meliodas up. Suddenly King Bartra and Merlin show up out of nowhere.

"Your Majesty!" Someone shouts. Wait, does this mean Hendrickson is dead? But I look over to Helbram and he's still sitting up, he looks alive, so how is he alive if Hendrickson is dead?

"Helbram?" I mumble.

"Hm?" He looks over.

"Are you...?"

"Sadly no, it seems I'm still alive." His expression is vague, that smile he had, is now gone. But a very big smile makes itself home on my face. "I was really hoping this wouldn't happen." I quickly lunge forward burying myself into his chest again.

"Does this mean, the spell wore off or something?" He pauses for a moment before he sighs.

"You'll tell everyone it did or maybe you even succeed with that necklace but in reality." He forces me to lean back. "It just means Hendrickson is still alive." My eyes widen and that smile fades. He sighs and looks back over. "We should head down there."

"Okay... Helbram?"

"Yes?"

"I promise you; I'll find a way to free you from him. A way that doesn't involve death." He pauses for a moment before he smirks.