Prologue

Lorelai - February 2, 2019
"Lorelai Rue Flynn". I looked up and stood up. "The man who has raised you for your whole life Dennis Austin Bonnet is not you're biological father, correct?" the judge asked me.

"no ma'am," I said.

"has Mr. Bonnet ever abused you sexually and physically before, Ms. Flynn?" she asked again.

"yes, ma'am".

"And you're mother, Michelle daisy bonnet never helped or tried to stop him in any way?".

a tear slipped and I shook my head. "words Ms. Flynn" the police officer said sternly.

"no ma'am" I whispered. "she did not".

"Did Mrs. Bonnet know mr. bonnet was hurting you physically, mentally, and sexually?".

"no ma'am. he made me keep it a secret".

"Okay then" she nodded. She looked towards my stepfather. "Mr. Dennis Austin Bonnet will serve fifty years in Medium Federal Correctional Institution with no visits," she told me. She looked at my mother. "Mrs. Michelle daisy bonnet will serve one year in FCI Yazoo City Low".

she banged her gavel and then looked at me. "miss. Flynn, you will be put into a group home until we find you a good foster family. if they hurt you in any way you call me or Officer Greene and we will find you a better home, understand?" she said.

"w-what about my little sister?" I asked.

"is Rylie nicole bonnet you're real or step-sister?" she asked.

"she's my half-sister," I said.

she nodded. "she will have to live with mr. bonnets parents, miss. Flynn". I nodded. "I hope you feel safer, miss. Flynn," she told me sending me a small smile. I nodded and grabbed my coat and phone. I followed my lawyer out.

I'll find you Ry, I promise.

- -
Lorelai Flynn at fourteen lost everything. three years later at seventeen, she decides to stay with a wealthy family in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

while her thirteen-year-old little sister is with her grandparents, Lorelai is realizing that she will never have a family and be happy.

well, that's until she meets Ryder Hayes.

- -
"Fuck that new girl that you like so bad
She's not crazy like me I bet you like that
I said fuck that new girl that's been in your bed
And when you're in her I know I'm in your head
I mean, I'm just saying you can do better
Always turned you out every time we were together
Once you had the best boy, you can't do better
Baby I'm the best so you can't do better"
422 words