Chapter Six

Lorelai - November 2, 2022
I walked out of the bathroom and into my closet. I pulled out a white long-sleeved crop top, and Ryders black sweats, added with my white Air Force 1's. I slipped them on my clothes before I put my shoes on.

My phone started to go off. I picked it up to see Ryder calling me. His contact picture was of us. He picked me up and I took a picture of us in the mirror.

I answered it with a smile

I answered it with a smile. "Hi," I said quietly.

"Hey, baby," he said worried laced in his words. "Why are you whispering?".

"Oh sorry," I said a little louder.

"Rory..." he mumbled. "What's going on? Are you okay? You have been-".

I sighed cutting him off. "I'm fine, Ryder".

"No you aren't, Lorelai" he sighed. "Ever since you moved in with your dad you have been acting like your old self. Is he hurting you?".

"No, Ryder" I sighed.

"Are you lying?" he asked hesitantly.

"No, I'm not," I said coldly.

"Okay then. I'll see you at school" he mumbled.

"See you, Ry". I hung up the phone. "I love you" I whispered.

I looked up and jumped at the sight of my stepsisters Diamond and Jessie.

"Take that top off, fatty" Diamond hissed at me. I frowned looking down at my shirt.

"She's fatter than Ms. Amy" Jessie laughed. I crossed my arms hiding my body.

"Like how the fuck is Ryder dating your fat ass. Go back to Mexico bitch" Diamond scoffed pushing me onto my bed.

"I never have been to Mexico," I said making them even madder. Jessie was about to punch me but a voice stopped her.

"Leave her alone". We all looked towards my door to see my stepbrothers. Ford and Dakson.

"Come on, Ford" Diamond laughed. "She needs to go back where she came from with her fat ass".

"Fat?!" he yelled standing in front of me. "Our dad was overweight. He died because of how big he was. You have an eating disorder and you saying she's fat".

Dakson sat beside me on my bed. "Don't listen to them, okay? You are perfect. Ryder loves you, okay?".

I bit my lip and nodded. "It's fine, Dakson. I'm fine" I said smiling at him.

"Are you sure?" he asked. I nodded.

"Get out my face" Ford hissed at them. "Now" he yelled. They jumped and walked out. I grabbed my bag and rushed out.

"Hey, Lorelai?". I turned to Jessie. "Nobody wants you here. Don't come back".

I nodded and rushed out. I looked at my phone to see the bell was gonna ring in ten minutes. I looked up to a bus about to drive away but before I could run towards it someone grabbed me.

They put their hand over my mouth to quiet my screams.

"Shh". I tensed up at the voice. "Your uncle is here" he whispered. He moved his hand.

"Let me go, Jace" I whimpered.

"Now why would I do that?" he chuckled before he kissed my neck. He put a rag over my mouth and I quickly inhaled making my body go limp.

- -
"Now there's no in between'
Now there's no in between' with you
I said there's no in in between' when I'm caught in these feelings with you"
559 words