Close Call

Manhattan, New York

The past five months had been a collection of lust and lies. Hiding your actions from Ben was the hardest thing you've ever had to do. But, that didn't exactly stop you from doing it. Although you still hadn't had actual sex, it was just as good.

You laid in bed with your head thrown back as you tangled your fingers in Roman's hair. He moved his fingers in and out of you and pulled you closer to him. Your body began to shake as pleasure overtook you. He lifted the covers up and laid down next to you.

"Have you been practicing?"

"No. Why?"

"You used to hate fingering me, and now you're a f*cking God."

"First of all, thank you. Second of all, I never hated it, I was just never comfortable with it."

"What changed?"

"I don't know. These past few months are different then when we used to date. I feel...more comfortable with you I guess." He cringed at his words and shook his head. "I don't know."

"Really?"

"Yeah, well, nothing brings people closer together like adultery."

You sighed and ran your hands over your face.

"You okay?" He asked you.

"I feel like a horrible person."

"Yeah, well, you are cheating on your fiancé with your ex boyfriend so..."

"Not helping."

"I'm just saying, don't cheat if you can't handle the heat."

"You're so f*cking corny."

"I'm serious."

"I know. These past five months have been amazing. But, I don't know how much longer we can do this."

"What're you saying?"

"I think we should stop."

"No, you don't."

"I'm getting married in a month."

"Oh, I'm getting married in a month." He mocked you.

"I'm in love with Ben."

"Right."

"You don't think that I love him?"

"I think that you love him. I just don't think that you're in love with him."

"What're you talking about? What's the difference?"

"There's a big difference."

"Tell me."

"No."

"No? How're you gonna  start talking about something and not tell me what you're talking about?"

"You wanna talk, or you want me to finger you again?"

"F*ck you."

"That's what I thought."

A loud ring from the doorbell interrupted your plans.

"You expecting someone?"

"F*ck!" You exclaimed. "It's Ben!"

"Ben?"

"He wrapped filming early and decided to come a day earlier! I forgot!"

The both of you quickly got up and began putting your clothes back on. As Roman was slipping on his shirt, you ran your fingers through your hair and opened the door.

"Hey! Sorry, I was playing music. I didn't hear the door at first."

"It's okay."

He came in and set his bags on the floor. Roman came into the room and awkwardly smiled.

"Hey, man."

"Roman. What're you doing here?"

"We were just going over some things for this meeting we have on Monday."

"Work stuff?"

"Yeah. Boring work stuff."

"Oh."

"Uh, I missed you."

"I missed you too."

He wrapped his arms around your waist and kissed you passionately. Roman cringed and looked down at the floor.

"Uh, I better get going before you two start ripping off each other's clothes."

"Alright, man." They shook hands for a brief second and nodded at each other. "See ya."

"Yeah. I'll be seeing ya."

"Goodnight, Rome."

"Night."

He smiled before quickly walking out the door.

"Um, how was your flight?"

"Good. I really did miss you."

"So did I."

"I hope you weren't too bored without me."

"Oh, yeah. Super bored. I just did a bunch of work and watched Shiv breastfeed most of the time."

"Well, I'm very glad that I'm here now." He kissed you again and smiled against your lips. "What do wanna do now?"

"Uh...what do you wanna do?"

"I can think of a few things."

"Oh, can you now?"

"Mhm."

He laughed and led you into the bedroom before shutting the door behind you.