⚠️⚠️Breaking Point (Daryl-ish)⚠️⚠️

️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️
⚠️Suicide And Self-Harm⚠️
⚠️⚠️⚠️In Detail⚠️⚠️⚠️
⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️

I've been with the group since the very begining.

I do all I can to help the group. Hunt. Scavenge. Fight. Babysit. First aid. Scout. Bait. All of it.

I did it to feel useful for the group. To Rick Carl Michonne Carol Maggie Glenn. Everyone.

Even after all the death and hardship I stayed that way.

But after each loss it became harder to help. At least it became harder for me to feel like I was useful. Or even good enough to stay with them.

After Glenn died I fell back to how I was before the apocalypse.

Showing no emotion unless it was forced. Smiling to act like I always did.

Laughing and making jokes but it never was real. All of it became a facade to hide my true feelings and inner thoughts from everyone.

No one knew the real me or the self inflected scars I hid from the world.

The emotionless robot I became due to past trauma.

Being belittled by everyone who was supposed to help you grow does that to a person after all.

Always feeling useless or a waste of space, material, resources, and oxygen.

But I became good at hiding it after so long that they never noticed it. Not even for a moment.

Only one person knew my past and the scars but after ricks death even he could barely help.

I stopped even make jokes and everything. I'd walk with my head down.

Barely ate, even if I was forced. I became something no one knew and couldn't be fixed.

Daryl stayed to himself as well. Trying to find a ghost in a monsters world full of death.

I'd join sometimes to get away from people.

I always felt better around him even if just a little.

But then she showed up.

Leah.

I wasn't there when they first met but was there after.

They got really close over a short period. It hurt to see.

After all I loved Daryl since the prison.

But my fight started dying fast after I found them one night locked away in Leah's cabin.

I started to disappear for days from Alexandria hilltop and Daryl's small campsite.

Trapped so deep in my own mind that when I'd come back covered in Walker blood and reeked of death I never heard the worry behind there words.

All I heard was hostility.

"What's going with her?" Erin said worried but all I heard was anger.

Or

"Is she ok?" Michonne asks saidly but I hear it as disgust.

Daryl and Leah split not long after. And he finally became aware of the change in me.

"Hey. Y/n. What's been goin' on lately? The others say you'll disappear fer a while and that everytime they see ya it's like yer a robot." Daryl asked with concern.