Daryl's True Feeling

I've been with Rick and his group for a few weeks now.  One of the members saved my life.

**Flashback**

I've been wondering for days with no food, water, or safety.  I have nothing to live for anymore.

My sister and best friend died a month ago.  I never really had a family.  Never been in a relationship.

I just gave up.  Then a small herd appears in front of me.  With just myself I couldn't fight them off.

With my weakened state I couldn't run away, so I stood there and raised my gun to my head.  Ready to end everything.

Then something flies by my head.  'An arrow?'  I go to spin around but a figure runs in front of me and starts to kill the dead one's.

I fall to the ground in shook and exhaustion watching this mysterious, muscular man kill the walkers in front of me.

**End Flashback**

He brought me back and I've been here in Alexandria for a couple of weeks now.

"I need you to go on a run with Daryl to find some more supplies for the group."  Rick says as he aproches me.

"Ok when do we leave?" I ask as I stand up from sitting on the porch steps.

"I don't know.  Whenever Daryl comes for you I guess."  He says and shrugs his shoulders.

Daryl walks over with his bag over his shoulder and his signature crossbow in his right hand.

"We're leavin' now.  Go to the gate when ya got yer stuff." He says and walks off to the gates.

"Well I guess that answers my question.  See ya when we get back Rick."

You wave goodbye as he walks off and gathers your thing for the trip and rushes to the gates.

"Took ya long enough gurly."  Daryl says when he sees me.

"Stop callin' me gurly, Crossbows."  I snap back at him.

He grunts and jumps into the drivers seat of the car and I jump on the passenger seat and we take off out of Alexandria.

The drive is silent.  Not a word said at all.  It's not because we have a bad relationship, but we also don't have a good relationship either.

We talk sometimes but not a lot.  Whenever we're together we just enjoys to comforting silence between us.

We where about half away there when Daryl broke the silence.

"Shit!"  He hits the stirring wheel and pulls off to the side.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"We're outta gas!" He opens the door and gets out. "We gotta find more gas so that means we walk from here."

"Ok."  You get out of the car and throw you bag on and start walking in the direction he was driving.

He joggs to catch up to you and you both continue on.

The sun is starting to set by the time you reach your destination.

"We'll have ta stay 'ere the night and head out at first light." Daryl says after y'all cleared the place.

You just simple nod and barricade the door shut. 

'Alone. Overnight with Daryl. Hot damn!... wait stop what am I thinking'