Chapter 25

GEORGIA
Georgia Kaye Alas

We now stare at the map on the bulletin board. According to Haden and Heidi, they have searched for Arenspade, Jax, and Lowell everywhere through their other comrades but no clues were really found.

All that is left is one more place in Fall. The abandoned castle, where the man who tried to attacked us, resides.

"I can go," Lucifuge said. "I need to save them. I can go."

Walang nakasagot sa kanya. Everyone knew how bad the idea was. The man he'll face isn't just anyone. Sure, he could be the crown prince now, but... that man is the first King, who is now insane. Dangerous. Who knows what he could do to him?

But who knows what Lucifuge could do?

He stood before us with a fierce determination in his unwavering eyes, despite knowing that he is putting his own life on the line.

"Hindi basta-basta ang tao doon. Hindi rin natin alam kung ano ba talaga ang koneksyon niya sa'yo... kung ba't ba kayo magkamukha, gan'on!" Heidi argued, throwing her hands up the air. Obviously, she didn't want to send Lucifuge there either.

Nagkunot-noo si Lucifuge at umiling. "I don't really care whoever he is. I'm going there because of Aeryn, Jax and Lowell."

No matter how much they reasoned out, Lucifuge was resolute in his decision.

"You may lose your life," diretso kong banggit. Hindi ako nagsasalita kanina, pero 'di ko na rin mapigilan ang pag-aalala ko.

"You can lose your life here in Fall. No one would care. No one will save you," halos dire-diretso kong banggit bago kumalma.

"But your existence is important to Summer. Hindi ka pwedeng mapahamak dahil marami ka pang kailangan gawin at tuparin para sa Summer," dagdag ko bago huminga ng malalim para sa susunod kong suhestiyon.

"That's why I should go instead, or at least... be with you." My voice croaked.

Hindi ko nagawang tingnan sila, pero nagulat nalang ako nang malakas na tumawa si Heidi sa 'di ko mawaring dahilan.

"You really think your lover would send you to a place that is most dangerous to you?" She said with a hint of sarcasm in her voice. Huh, lover?

"Girl. That man looking like Lucifuge obviously has the same taste as he has," seryosong dagdag niya kahit 'di naman kaseryo-seryoso ang mga salitang ginagamit niya. "Bet na bet ang mga red-eyed girls, kaya pinaghahanap ka for whatever his plans are!"

"We will go with Lucifuge, Georgia. We cannot let you join us because my promise to my master is to keep you safe," Haden firmly said.

Bahagyang lumuwag ang paghinga ko nang malamang sasamahan nila si Lucifuge. I bit my lip, torn between arguing more to join them or just follow what they want. In a future that is uncertain and dangerous, it is really hard to decide.

"Georgia," tawag ni Lucifuge. "If I wouldn't be able to save my people, how more can I save the whole land? So please," he said, his voice softening. "Trust me. Babalik ako kasama sila."

And now, I stood by the side of the road, watching as Haden, Heidi, and Lucifuge loaded their weapons onto the carriage they will use to depart to the abandoned castle.

I felt a sense of nervousness wash over me as I realize that they are together to a dangerous land, whilst I am alone in a safe place.

Huling sumakay si Lucifuge at mabilis akong hinila sa isang yakap. "I'll be back," aniya kaya't marahan kong tinapik ang kanyang likod.