Chapter 19

Fall
Jerastus 16, 2196
________________

LUCIFUGE
Lucifuge Rofocale Gwydion

It's the third day roaming around the land of Fall.

I have gotten accustomed to the darkness, and I didn't had to hide my power much. It became my advantage, and I could survive this cruel land.

Hindi ko maisip kung paano namuhay dito si Georgia. It's just a place where the weak dies, and the strong dwell like criminals. Do they not have a King?

Isa na namang buntonghininga bago ko iikot ang paningin ko, nagbabakasakaling makikita ko sila. Hindi ko rin mawari kung ba't naghiwa-hiwalay kami. I worried more for Aeryn and Jax Morrison. Lowell could handle the darkness around here, but those two... ah, I don't know about them.

I shook my head and my gaze turned to a dark tunnel. There were few people who went in, and as I had no clue, I followed.

The tunnels were damp, and though there were several ways, only one way had torches— where people also went. The low fire in the torches created dancing shadows, and magic made it look like those were dancing women. It somehow created the idea of what to expect at the destination.

I scoffed in disgust as I saw people fuck along the tunnel. Some would even look at me, beckon me to come join them. I couldn't stand them, so I cast an illusion of darkness in me. That way, they won't see me.

Hah. This place has no hope under their governance.

After turns and walks, I had finally went out the tunnel, and right in front of, what it seemed like, a mansion.

Nanliit ang mga mata ko nang makitang mas malinis at maayos ang hitsura ng mga tao dito, ibang-iba sa mga nakikita ko sa lansangan. They looked like aristocrats— and only people looking like those could enter.

The gate was heavily guarded, and it seemed like they were asking for identities. Hm, hindi naman ako makakapasok d'yan. Wala akong identidad dito... at baka mahuli pa ako.

But who can stop me if they don't know?

Nagtungo muna ako sa tabi, kung saan onti lang ang tao. I summoned wechuge in a form of a crow, and closed my eyes to gain its vision.

Wechuge went around the highest floor. Wala masyadong tao roon, ngunit may mga maid-servants na nakabantay bawat silid. I guess this is where elite people are sent. You know, private rooms. Guarded. Probably where secrets lie, and I don't wanna meddle with that.

I commanded wechuge to go down the floors. Bawat palapag pababa, parami nang parami ang mga tao. Wechuge went to an empty veranda, and I took that as an opportunity to teleport in its place.

It was easy, as long as wechuge is there where I want to go. Mabuti na lang at maayos naman ang kasuotan ko. Black longsleeves polo at black pants, katulad ng uniporme namin halos— hey, mind you, I take baths and laundry clothes. I have three sets, okay?

I turned wechuge into a golden masquerade mask like most of the people here. The curtain separating the hall from the veranda was blown, and a woman gasped as she saw me.

"Oh, forgive me. I was sure this place was empty earlier... perhaps, my eyes saw wrong."

Umiling-iling naman ako at naglakad papalit. "No, madame. I was about to go. You may take this spot," I excused and walked past her, however, a force stopped me in my tracks.