Chapter 10: The Shadows Speak

Hamanymu sighed in irritation as the blistering rays of the desert sun beat down upon his body hard enough that it almost seemed like they were a million burning needles that were trying to cut into his forehead.

It had been close to an hour since the others had departed to perform reconnaissance into the desert. The rest of them on the other hand, had remained here as glorified body guards, best at only watching the excited archeologists digging vast trenches into the sand.

With every second the archeologists would dig up some bones or half rusted away tools which had lost whatever colour it had once possessed.

He had taken a seat upon the top of the Bee with Thor at his side as lookouts. They could only look around in the hopes of seeing the others return from the horizon that they had disappeared into.

"This is so boring," Thor groaned as he sat up.

"This is the job," Hamanymu replied, this was something that he had experienced in the capital. He had hoped for some action here but alas, no such luck.

"I know, but I thought that there would be more fun or something to hit with Mjølnir, " Thor responded as he stretched his limbs.

"You and me both," Hamanymu said as he switched his attention from the only people who seemed to be enjoying their time here and to his fellow knights.

Theseus stood like a statue, motionless and ever watchful of the archeologists who kept pulling more and more fossilized remains from the earth.

"Stearing is rude you know," someone said behind him and instinctively, Hamanymu yelped in surprise as he leaped to his feet with his hand reaching for his sword, Imwami.

As Hamanymu turned, he moved too hastily and he tumbled off the edge of the Bee before landing with a sharp thud upon the steaming hot desert sand.

"Oh," he groaned as he staggered upwards with sand tumbling through his armor and into places that sand should never reached.

"What do you think that you are doing?!" Theseus demanded as he stomped towards Hamanymu.

"I.... I tripped," the red and gold Knight responded as he looked upwards to where he had been and in his place stood Munales teammate, Kalunga Dunda.

"You don't just trip, do your god damn job right," Theseus snapped at him as his face turned into an even deeper shade of blue.

"I understand, now get the hell out of my face, Troezen!" Hamanymu stood his ground to the Fae.

"Wait." one of the archeologists shouted in surprise, catching their attention.

The man leaped out of the hole and he rushed foward before reaching a halt in front of Theseus. He then levelled his finger at the Fae's face with a look of joy, written all over his face.

"You are a Troezen, as in an actual surviving Troezen!?" He asked in such excitement that he looked ready to start leaping for joy.

"I... I..." Theseus was dumbstruck and he stuttered out some gurbald words before turning to face Hamanymu, his facial features contorted into a visage of pure contempt.

"Don't you dare look at me like that, I don't know or care about what a Troezen is!" Hamanymu shouted back.

"How can you not know about one of the oldest and most famous noble houses of old Avalon. One of the five who led the rebel forces to the Burning Water's?" the man asked and Hamanymu could only draw a blank "What do they teach you young people nowadays?"