Gorgeous

-Mariana's POV-

Quiet. It was very quiet.

The wind was breezing through my hair, I was on a nearby hill reading a book called Orbiting Jupiter. It's very good but it's deeply depressing. It made me feel a emotion I hadn't felt before.

When taking breaks between chapters I can look up and see the beautiful scenery of the trees, and birds...

I lived in a forested city, everyone in this town lived in a cabin or lodge type place, I loved it here.

I lived here my whole life with my parents and younger sister Alyssa, we even had a dog named Blissy.

It was finally summer break for us here in Wisconsin. I was free to do anything and everything, swim, go to a theme park, movies late at night, I can even hang out with my boyfriend Adam.

Adam was a sweetheart to me and we have been together for almost a year now. He was made for me, I really liked him.

When times were stressful he would come up here with me and we would watch the sunset. He truly is a man I care for.

Just when I was about to get into a deep reading session my younger sister comes up the hill, out of breath.

"Mom said to come home, she need you to help clean the house." She said as I closed the book looking back at her and sighing.

I got up and followed my sister back to the house, it wasn't a far walk maybe five minutes or so.

Once I got into the house my mom was scrubbing the countertops and my dad was dusting. I was so confused, normally we never clean this deeply.

"What's going on?" I asked as I sat my book down on a side table.

"Luke and Liz will be arriving soon!" My mom said as I felt my brain mentally stutter.

"Luke and Liz? Hemmings? Why? What about Andrew, Ben and Jack?" I asked going up to my mom.

"They just had things to do in Australia, and Liz decided she wanted to come here, I guess Luke tagged along." She answered, "I need you to go set up the two rooms in the guest cabin outside, please. They're on their way in a rental, now." She followed up with, I didn't reply, I just went on my way to the other smaller cabin we have outside.

The cabin was sweet and small, one bedroom was downstairs and the other way above it upstairs. I had its own living room and tiny kitchen.

As I entered the downstairs living room I thought to myself how odd it was that only Liz and Luke were coming to Wisconsin. The last time the Hemmings family came out here was around ten years ago, I was seven. They also all came together.

It was strange, but they were that kind of bond with my family that'll probably never be broken. My mom and Liz grew up as best friends, but then Liz married Andrew and moved to Australia with him and had her three sons.

Minutes later, I was about done with the upstairs room I heard a car pull up outside. They were here.

I exit the cabin and see my family walking over to see Liz.

I walk over and everyone's hugging, she looks over at me and smiles even wider.

"Oh, Mariana! You gorgeous gorgeous girl! You've grown so much!" She nearly cried from joy, I gave a little laugh and smiled, hugging her tightly.

I look past her and see Luke come from out of the car.

I was starstruck.

He grew basically taller than anything, and was so gorgeous.