Starlight

-Mariana's POV-

As me and Luke entered the party there was so many people. I could tell Luke felt uncomfortable. Honestly I did too.

I didn't know anyone here besides knowing of their existence.

The music was so loud, powerful. Everyone was drinking and dancing. I felt so out of place.

"I've never been to a party before." I said into Luke's ear quite loudly. He looked at me in some shock.

"Even I've been to a party, Mari." He said back, I laughed.

"Take my hand, I'll show you how to dance." He said loudly as I took his hand and we went to the room everyone was dancing in.

Nothing was holding him back, he just danced like nobody was watching. It was so funny, I admired it.

I kind of just started moving my body, dancing to the beat with him. When I was dancing with him it felt like nobody was watching me.

I felt the motion of everyone dancing but it's like they didn't care I was dancing either.

This was so fun.

Luke was containing eye contact with me, his beautiful blue eyes staring into my soul. It felt like little starlight's were surrounding us.

Mentally I was so focused on Luke that I didn't care about the outside world.

Until I saw Adam.

When I saw him I felt a rush of adrenaline; or anger. Maybe both. I wanted to make him feel sorry for what he did, jealous.

I felt the staring from Adam, it was honestly scary. But when I looked back at Luke I felt the idea pop into my head on how to make Adam so jealous that he might as well get on his knees and beg for forgiveness.

As I looked at Luke I went closely to him and applied my lips onto his, putting a hand on his neck. The kiss was somewhat deep.

Yet he pulled away with a smile on his face, my eyes directed back behind Luke, Adams face was emotionless. I felt happiness.

Suddenly, the whole world was slowing down once I saw Luke looking behind him. Once he saw Adam, he looked back at me in disbelief, or maybe even disappointment?

Seconds later I see a girl walk past me and go up to Adam, kissing him.

He wasn't even watching me to begin with.

"I thought he wasn't coming?" Luke shouted over the music.

I didn't really know what to say.

"You knew he was coming didn't you?" He shouts.

"I did." I shouted back, I felt awful now.

It felt like I had no reason to be here at this dumbass party anymore. My plans failed. The only outcome was that I'm an idiot.

"You want to just go?" I shouted, he nodded and walked us out.

When we got into his car it was silent. Dead silence.

"Luke I-"

"It's fine, Mariana. I get it." He said softly, his voice cracked mid sentence. I actually felt like the worst girl ever.

He drove us home, it was silent and no one spoke, no music, he didn't even look at me.

When we got home we got out of the car and just stared at each other from each side of the car.

"Goodnight." He said as he gave me a fake smile, he walked away to the cabin.

Fuck.

-

-Luke's POV-

-

I don't know how I felt right now. I thought she kissed me because she wanted to kiss me.

Turning around and seeing Adam was the most awkward moment of my life.

I don't think he even cared.

I wish she saw how much he doesn't fucking care about her anymore. Ever since I've been here he hasn't.

I wish she saw that I did.

I didn't want to be dry to her, but I didn't really want to talk to her right now either. I felt this...this feeling like it was almost starlight flickering inside my chest; sometimes my stomach when I was with her. Every time I'm with her I felt that. I guess she just didn't see it as that like I did.

I felt like if it was a true, real kiss...she wouldn't have looked directly at Adam.

I care about her so much that I don't know how long I can be upset with her.

She explained to me this party in a way that made it seem like she wanted to have the night of her life; with me.

But I guess it was for him.

I wanted to cry, but I didn't know if I could.