Number Eight

(Spiderman does not belong to me!)
Angst(?)
_________________________________________
Now playing:

         Hasta Que te Conocí
                     By Juan Gabriel

"Yo jamás sufrí, yo jamás lloré, Yo era muy feliz. Pero te encontré."
_________________________________________

  I cry out to Miguel, who was seemingly blinded by rage, taking a heavy step forward before launching into a sprint for Miles and Miguel, shooting out a thin web out of my wrists and trapping a Miguel's ankles in a knot, his deep and red eyes shooting in almost heartbreak for the smallest of moments, but soon looking away as his talons snap the thin strings with ease.

   "Go Miles! Go!"

  I yell out to Miles, only encouraging him to just runaway, I had to take care of this, I was the adult of the situation, I was the one who was supposed to have it control- but I didn't. The guilt was practically eating me from the inside and I don't know for how long I could tolerate it, tears pooling in my eyes as I look at Miguel charge at the boy.

  "Miguel! Please-! Please he doesn't deserve this!"

  I beg him in desperate calls, voice becoming scratchy and strained as I try to get his attention, as I try to reason with him before he does something brash; things didn't usually take long to tick him off, at least normally, because he would blow up yet he would silently do so, it was never anything to this extent. He was cold and deeply calculated, routine based and reliable, but he was unhealthy- mentally that is. His sunken eyes and constantly tensed body was enough of a sign to display how much he had been tolerating, how much he had been holding in, down from his childhood and up to now, I knew it was killing him, but I also knew that he was currently unreasonable with.

  I lag slightly behind him through the narrow hall of sector 4. Despite his body mass he was fast, each step beating like a marching band onto battle, each step left another imprint of intimidation, each step he took was closer to Miles.

"All stations stop what you're doing and stop spiderman."

   He brings his right wrist to his mouth, holographic mask covering his face as he does so, a habit that he had; not showing his face that much in larger spaces and numbers of the spider society. My calves were beginning to ache, it was dull and barely there but I could feel it and my mind would most definitely focus and criticize myself for running out of energy so quickly- granted I had fought The Spot fairly recently.

   A lot of the chattering stops, my ears perk up as the chatter begins to turn into confused "me or you," banter, and it was slightly funny yes.

  "Háy coño, Miles! Miles Morales! He's entering sector 4!"

   The moment he slows down for a fraction of a second is when he waves his arms up in frustration as we see the standstill of spider people. I take my chance and web down the side of the wall, launching myself towards Miguel and running beside him, yet he pushes me back.

  "Miguel! he's just a kid! He loves his family of course he's gonna want to help them!"

  "No! [Y/n], you should understand he's dangerous!"

   He bears his canines at me, are we gonna fight? If we are it's not now because O'hara's attention is now telling one of the many spider people to turn around, and besides I wasn't his biggest concern now, it was Miles he was after.

  "Turn around!!"

   "Don't turn around!"

  My words seem to fall upon deaf ears, the person turns around regardless, exposing Miles to hundreds or even thousands of arachnids, my eyes can't help but widen as I try to slow O'Hara down, shaking my head at Miles.