Number Nine

(Spiderman does not belong to me!)
_________________________________________
   Now playing:

        Lamento Boliviano
             By Los Enanitos Verdes

"Es mi situación Una desolación Soy como un lamento,Lamento boliviano Que un día empezó Y no va a terminar
Y a nadie hace daño."
_________________________________________

    The City of Lights, that's what I like to call it at least, never knew what else to call it. Alas,  I swing by cars and buses, buildings with bars decorated with neon lights, all underground beneath the more dystopian and pristine uptown city yet even with all this brightness, it appears to almost always be night in the underground city, unlike the uptown.

   Here it's like any other city, mugs, bars, riches, anything you find in an up to date earth, obviously technology was advanced but people, society, still had their flaws- something that was unchanging, something not even time would fix.

   I knew people were chasing Miles relentlessly, but I had a feeling the intensity of Miguel's pursuit was making them back track, reluctant, was their leader a dictator? Sort of. Never mind that, I swing along with Peter, following Miles carefully, straying away from Miguel's objective.

As we proceed to the secluded area, I look at my watch, glad I had turned off my location and anything that would be able to inform anyone of my whereabouts before hand, soon deciding to focus on comforting the clearly distressed Miles, that is until Peter beats me to it.

    "It's crazy to run!"

     "Running is the least craziest thing going on! Right? [Y/n]?"

The boy sought approval from me.

   "I don't...it depends Miles, I'm sorry."

I don't give him the answer he wants, prompting the boy to throw his hands up in the air, growing frustrated with both Peter and I, but it was the truth. Speaking of the truth, Peter did have a point, running was lunacy, Miguel was relentless, stubborn, hard headed, and a more follow the instruction type of guy, Miles seemed to be the opposite, yet both were equally tenacious.

    Miles pushes pasts all of the obstacles, going further into the big ventilation fan, trying to get away from people he was slowly starting to distrust, but Peter persist.

   "Do you wanna hold my baby?"

    I look dot eyed at Peter, what exactly was his plan here? I watch Peter insist, Miles continuing to push him aside, different viewpoints creating a rift between the mentor and student- I decide that perhaps, they should speak privately, I barely even met Miles, it was only natural he was going to trust Peter more.

    Quickly, I swing my way out from this stuffy place, pulling my mask up to my nose to breathe in fresh air, pulling it back down to hide the frown in my face. As I look around the city, I felt my body hit a barrier, I was easily distracted to say the least. That barrier was a chest of a man, one that I loved.

   "Miguel."

   "I didn't realize the venom would have worn off so quickly."

   "You cruel mother- is that the only thing you have to say me?"

My brows furrow as I place my hands expressively on my hips, snarling in displeasure at his inconsiderate mannerisms, sometimes it was hard to put up with him.

   He just hums as he pulls me onto his chest, muttering a low apology, one that was somewhat genuine, but reluctant to slip from his mouth- he didn't like admitting he was wrong.