28

Sidewalk.

There was a familiarity about this path, sure I walk it just about every day with Holly much like I'm doing now. Yoongi doesn't like me going out alone still so he feels better when Holly is with me. But the familiarity of this sidewalk brings me back to walking with Jungkook, going to meet him at his shop and get a glance at his sexy tattooed boss. I chuckle to myself thinking back to my crush on Min Yoongi, never did I think we'd become a real thing. He was just hot and fun to mess with but I guess even then I knew there was something special about him and our weird instant bond and attraction. Jungkook felt it too, after that first meeting when he walked me out of the shop he told me to stay far away from there and to not even think about getting to know anyone in the shop especially his boss.

Shows how much I listen. Holly barks making me glance up and see Jungkook heading our way, his tail wags as I smile towards my best friend. "I thought we were meeting at your place?" He asks before pulling me into a tight embrace "Nope I told you I wanted to see Yoongi and the guys so I'd meet you at the new shop. Clearly you don't read your texts" he cheekily grins indicating he did see the message but wanted me to himself "brat" I mutter making him laugh as he says hello to holly. "This your dog now? I never seem to see you without him lately" I smile down at my baby boy "basically, he's my baby huh holly" I bend down and kiss him up as Jungkook tsks. "Come on I'm starving" I nod as I get to my feet and we start to walk down the familiar sidewalk once again.

I had the day off so I asked Jungkook to meet me for lunch, I wanted to take Wooshik and Hoseok's advice and see if he knew anything. Plus I hadn't had much alone time with him and I know after a while that makes him bratty so here we are at the same familiar cafe we'd often meet at before or after his shift at the tattoo shop. Like I said he tried his best to keep me away from the boys at the shop but it didn't last long. We sit at the small table out front "I'll go in and order so you can sit with your baby" the teasing tone at the word baby makes me chuckle "Thanks Kook, my usual but no coffee today please" he nods though he looks a bit confused about the coffee. Thankfully he doesn't ask and just goes inside to order. My anxiety has been a bit much lately so I tried to stay away from caffeine to help it mellow out hopefully. But knowing everything I know has been very stressful, especially because I don't know what else they might be plotting.

"So what's new with you? I see you but we never get to talk because you are always running off with someone"

Jungkook asks as he sits down "Clearly I've been busy with everything" I smile making him roll his eyes and take a sip of his coffee "What's up with the no coffee?" He asks eyeing my water he brought me "Just cutting back" I shrug making him frown a bit "Fuck." He groans sitting up now and moving closer "Please don't tell me you're pregnant" I laugh making him look further confused "Do I really look that bad in this skirt? I'm taking it back" he playfully kicks my leg making me giggle a little more "I'm not pregnant kook, just stressed and you know coffee doesn't mix well with me when I'm stressed" he nods as he really looks at me, I can tell he's trying to figure something out "You're beautiful and look amazing. But I understand, what's got you stressed? The shop stuff? Work? Or a little bit of everything?" I nod making him sigh "What can I do to help? Anything just say it and I'll fix it for you. I hate seeing you stressed" he genuinely means it to, if I told him to buy me new shoes to make me feel better he'd do it. Jungkook was just a sweetheart like that. "There's nothing you can do kook, but I do have to ask you some things and please just hear me out before you jump down my throat" he looks nervous now and that seemed odd. He didn't even try to give me shit or fight back he just went into nervous mode.

"What's going on? Why did you do that just now?"

He shrugs as he sits back and looks around "Jeon Jungkook" he tsks but looks back at me "You don't have to use my full name, just ask what you need to ask" I arch my brows as our food gets brought out, one thing I loved about this place is they were quick. I thank the waitress as Jungkook starts to stuff his cheeks, clearly he was excited to finally eat. "How are you and Viv?" I ask pushing my food around "You don't have to do that, just ask the question y/n" I stare at him as he stares back, he looks hurt and it's that look alone that makes me not want to ask but I know I have to. "Did she have anything to do with the break in?" Its silent as we stare at one another, he sighs as he messes with his own food now "I asked her because I had my own suspicions and she swore she didn't but I feel like she's lying to me"