Chapter 7

~~~Calvin’s POV~~~

I woke up for breakfast, Chelsea followed a few minutes later, she sat down without looking at me. I read the newspaper and drank my coffee. Then after eating a piece of bread she stood up again and left the room. I looked at her as she made her way to the garden.

“Chelsea, are you mad at me?” I asked as I sat beside her on the bench.

“Oppa, how could you do that to me? It was her fault too, my toe is wounded!” She pointed to her toe.

“I know she was at fault too.”

She looked at me incredulously.

“The why did you let me apol~”

“Chelsea, she looked like she wouldn’t let it go, she would cause a scene if you didn’t apologize.”

“But still, you made me apologize to someone who hurt me.” She crossed her arms; I placed my arm around her.

“I know, I did wrong, I’m sorry, baby, but when people act like that, you have to give way, don’t stoop down to their level.” I prodded as I patted her head. She nodded slowly.

I know, Oppa.” She beamed at me.

“So today, Mom and Dad are coming, do you want to come with me and pick them up?”

She gave me a weird look.                                                                          

“Oppa, we have the chauffeurs for that, let’s just wait for them at home and give them a warm welcome back.”

“Right, drivers.” I scratched the back of my head. She laughed.

“Shower now, Chelsea, mom and dad are coming.” I said as pulled her to stand.

“Ok, but Oppa….” She said as we walked back to the house.

“What?”

“I like the Hello Kitty band aids better than the Pooh ones.” She said, referring to the band-aid I placed on her foot.

“That still matters now?” I asked as I playfully placed my arm around her pulled her to the house.

“What can I say? I’m the only girl!” She said while laughing.

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

“Hi Mom, Dad.” Chelsea said as her parents entered the house, she gave them a hug each.

“How was your flight?” Calvin asked.

“It was a bit bumpy, but nothing we can’t handle.” Mrs. Ho chuckled as they went to the living room, where tea and cookies were served.

“No news from Collin?” Their father asked.

“I emailed him the other day; he said he’ll be back soon.” Chelsea replied as she got a cookie and nibbled on it.

“That’s good, I still hope he’s going to be here for the wed~”

“Honey!” Mr. Ho sounded alarmed.

The two Ho children looked at them skeptically. Mrs. Ho clamped her mouth shut.

“Anyway, tomorrow, I’ve scheduled a private family dinner, Chelsea dress nicely.” Mr. Ho said, changing the subject.