Chapter 12

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

After the party, Hero and Chelsea were left with their parents.

“We have a surprise for you two.” Mr. Alvarez said.  All of them were standing at the hotel’s curb, waiting for their cars. Just then two limos arrived.

“We’ll meet you there.” Mrs. Ho said as each couple got in their cars. Chelsea stared at them blankly as the cars went.

“Where does that leave us?” She asked just as another limo arrived.

“I’m guessing we follow them.” Hero said as he opened the door for her.

Inside the car, Chelsea and Hero weren’t talking. He was looking at the window. They didn’t know what to say to each other now that they were officially man and wife.

Hero’s thoughts were off to somewhere, he was worried over Lorene, she looked so sick earlier at the party and the fact that she drank a lot.

Meanwhile, Chelsea slumped her shoulders as the city lights of Seoul passed by. She didn’t know where they were going or what kind of surprise their parents would give them, but she had a gut feeling she will not like it.

A few minutes later they entered a private subdivision in Gangnam. None of them asked each other as to why they were here. Hero thought Chelsea’s family had a house there, and Chelsea thought the Alvarezs had a house there.

Your POV

The car stopped in front the gate of a white modern looking house. It had an impressive garden at the front. This must be the Alvarezs’ townhouse. I went down from the car, I already changed into a more casual dress.

“Please come in.” A maid welcomed us two.

We entered the house; Hero was behind me, looking around. Strange, the house was fully furniture already but why does it smell new? I could smell newly dried paint and plastic. 

I looked around, the house had winding staircase, on my left was a modern kitchen, I saw a 6-seat dining table with a glass top. I walked right and i was welcomed by the sight of a 42-inch flat screen mounted on the wall inside the high ceilinged living room. I looked at the black and white couches, Italian leather.

Then it hit me, something is strange about this house, I don’t see any photographs hung on the wall, isn’t that normal for most family homes~

“Oh, you’re here already, that’s great!” My mom came forward and hugged me. I hugged her back.

“Is that new honey? It looks good on you.” She said as she touched my bracelet which was hanging on my wrist.

“Yes, it came from Oppa and his friends.” I replied.

“Aigoo, my son-in-law, you look so handsome!” My mom said. I rolled my eyes.

“Thank you, auntie-”

“Its Mother for you.” She said with a smile.

I saw Mr. and Mrs. Ho enter the room.

“How is it? Does it suit to your liking?” Mr. Ho asked me.

I pointed at myself questioningly.

“Yes, I am asking you my daughter.”

“..Yes, you have such a nice house, Mr.~ I mean, Father.”