Chapter 3

Unfortunately before he has a chance to find Anakin, Obi-Wan is sent on a mission to deal with General Grievous. Emerae stays behind at the Jedi Temple as her and Obi-Wan agreed. 

In her room, Emerae prepares to send a transmission to Obi-Wan to tell him that she had yet to come across Anakin when she hears loud marching outside the Temple. Running to the window she looks out and sees a Clone Army marching up the Temple's steps.

"Oh no." She exhales. She quickly runs out of the room to a classroom of younglings where they are practicing their lightsaber skills. 

"Master Solari, what's going on?" A youngling asks. 

"Quickly, run! Get out of the back of the Temple! You need to leave now!" Emerae exclaims making eye contact with a small youngling who looks an awful lot like Master Yoda. Chaos ensues as the class makes a run out the back halls of the Temple. 

Emerae heads down another hallway to see Clones shooting at her fellow Jedi. 

"Emerae get out of here!" One of the Jedi yells before being shot. 

As the events unfold, Emerae finds herself in a state of shock and disbelief as Order the once-trusted Clone Army now turns against the Jedi, witnessing the devastation firsthand. Following the advice of the fallen Jedi Master, Emerae runs back towards the youngling's classroom when she sees a shadowy figure outside another room. 

"Hey! Get away from there!" Emerae shouts as she ignites her lightsaber. 

Then the cloaked figure looks up at her. In the midst of the turmoil, Anakin Skywalker crosses paths with Emerae. There is a flicker of recognition and compassion in his eyes as he gazes upon her.

"Anakin! What are you doing here?" She turns off her lightsaber before quickly runs up to him embracing in a hug.

"Emerae... Go. Leave this place." He tells her.

"But the younglings... we've gotta save them. The Clones will blast anything in their way, I've seen it."

"Exactly. That's why you need to leave." Anakin explains. 

"Not until I know they're safe." The younger Jedi insists.

"Emerae, I know this is hard but please leave. I'll take care of things here." Just when Emerae was going to agree, a Clone Trooper walks over to Anakin.

"Lord Vader, we've cleared most of the Temple. There's only a few left."

"Anakin... what's he talking about? Who's Lord Vader?..." Emerae starts to back away from Anakin in front of the classroom door. 

"Emerae, I won't harm you. Join me now, or seek refuge at Padme's apartment. The choice is yours."

"Promise me you won't hurt the younglings. Please Anakin!" She pleads. 

"I promise. Now, you need to make a decision." Anakin presses.

Emerae is torn, her heart heavy with sorrow and confusion. She realizes that Anakin, despite his turn to the dark side, still holds some semblance of affection for her.

"Anakin... I... I don't understand how it's come to this. You were meant to bring balance to the Force, not destroy it. I can't join you in this darkness." Tears well in her eyes. 

"I know, Emerae. And I don't expect you to. But know that I still care for you, you're like my sister. Find safety, find Padme, and wait. I'll explain everything to you I promise."

Emerae nods, her voice trembling as she gathers her resolve. With a heavy heart, she chooses to go to Padme's apartment, hoping to find solace and guidance in the presence of someone she trusts.

"Thank you, Anakin. I pray that someday you find your way back to the light. The Jedi you once were.

Anakin Skywalker watches her as she makes her way through the chaos, a mixture of pain and regret etched upon his face. He knows that his promise to her must be broken but it's something that must be done. Emerae, with a heavy heart, continues her journey, hoping that she can find Padme and together they can navigate the troubled times that lie ahead.