Chapter 4

Listening to Anakin's advice and questioning his morals, Emerae makes her way towards Padme's apartment. Trying to come up with a way to tell Padme what she'd seen without breaking Padme's heart. 

'Maybe it was all a misunderstanding and Anakin hasn't done anything.' Emerae tried to come up with excuses for her brother.

Just as Emerae walks into the building where Padme lives, an arm reaches out and pulls her into a corridor.

"Let me go!" Emerae struggles against her captor.

"Relax Emerae, it's just me." The girl stops fighting to find Obi-Wan was the one who grabbed her.

"Oh Master Kenobi, it's you," The tension between the two from their earlier conversation was thick enough to cut with a knife but Emerae was quick to push it aside. "Master, I think there's something you should know... it's about Anakin."

"What is it?" Emerae takes a deep breath, steadying herself before sharing the devastating truth.

"I don't want to believe it but... there's reason it might be true. Anakin... he has turned to the dark side. I witnessed him attacking the Jedi within the Temple. He let me go, but... Master Kenobi, he's become a Sith." Emerae bites her lip in nervousness. Obi-Wan's face twists in anguish and disbelief as Emerae's words sink in. He refuses to believe it's true. 

"Are you positive?"

"No... but the Jedi Temple was being overrun by the 501st Clone Legion and were... were killing any Jedi they came across." Her voice came out small and even though she didn't want it to, scared. 

"If it is true, then I must learn this for myself. I will go to the Jedi Temple and search for any survivors. Were you on your way to see Padme?" Emerae only nods. "Then you should still go. Inform her of the situation. May the Force be with you."

Emerae nods, "May the Force be with you." Her eyes filled with a mixture of determination and sorrow. She sets off towards Padme's apartment, her heart heavy with the weight of the knowledge she carries.

Meanwhile, Obi-Wan makes his way to the Jedi Temple, where he reunites with Master Yoda. They gather to view the security footage, witnessing the full extent of Anakin's descent into darkness and the carnage that has befallen their fellow Jedi.

"Master Yoda, we have seen the unthinkable. Anakin has become Darth Vader, and he has played a central role in the destruction of the Jedi Order. We must find a way to stop him."

Master Yoda's aged eyes reflect the depth of the tragedy, but his resolve remains unwavering.

"Fallen upon us, dark times have, Obi-Wan. Destroy the Sith, we must."

"Send me to kill the Emperor," Obi-Wan begs. "I will not kill Anakin."

"To fight this Lord Sidious, strong enough, you are not."

"He is like my brother ... I cannot do it."

"Twisted by the dark side, young Skywalker has become. The boy you trained, gone he is . . . Consumed by Darth Vader."

"How could it have come to this?"

"To question, no time there is."

"I do not know where the Emperor has sent him. I don't know where to look."

"Use your feelings, Obi-Wan, and find him, you will. Visit the new Emperor, my task is. May the Force be with you."

"May the Force be with you, Master Yoda."