Chapter 14: Negotiating Prices

The Shen and Su families lived across from each other, so whenever anything happened at the Shen household, the Su family could hear it without even trying.

The entire process of Sister Luo bringing vegetables to Ning Tang was seen by Ning Xue, especially the scene where Sister Luo gave the vegetables to Ning Tang. Ning Xue found it particularly irksome.

Back in Shangan Village, Ning Tang's popularity was never better than hers. How did Ning Tang make friends first after coming to Hailang Island?

Ning Xue felt a bit uneasy and stared at the Shen family's gate with an intense gaze, hoping to bore a hole through it.

In the afternoon, when Shen Lie returned home, he saw a basket of vegetables on the table.

Shen Lie picked up an eggplant and asked Ning Tang, "Did you buy this eggplant?"

"No," Ning Tang said, "Sister Luo gave it to me. She also said I could go to her house and pick some if I wanted."

Shen Lie knew that Sister. Luo had cultivated a vegetable garden in her yard, but she always treasured her vegetables. When a child stole a few cucumbers from her house before, she scolded them for an hour.

He didn't expect her to let Ning Tang pick her vegetables at will. It seems that Ning Tang has really won Sister Luo's favor.

Shen Lie looked at Ning Tang seriously, making Ning Tang a bit uneasy, "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I thought you wouldn't be able to handle yourself on the island," Shen Lie shook his head, "I didn't expect that appearances can be deceiving."

It's not surprising that Shen Lie would think that way. After all, Ning Tang slept until late morning every day, and other than staying at home or going to the market, she didn't have much social interaction.

"Ha!" Ning Tang sneered, "You underestimate me. Let me tell you, when I go to the market, they always give me a little extra. Do you know why?"

"Why?" Shen Lie asked.

Ning Tang patted her face, "Because I'm good-looking."

Shen Lie took a glance at Ning Tang's porcelain-white face, almond-shaped eyes, peachy cheeks, and the red mole on her brow. Indeed, she was beautiful, but he still said, "You're just boasting."

Ning Tang didn't respond. She twirled around Shen Lie a few times, almost making him dizzy. He reached out to stop her, "What are you doing?"

"Did you switch bodies with someone?" Ning Tang asked, "I remember when you were in Shangan Village, you hardly spoke. My dad even called you a wooden stake."

"You're the wooden stake," Shen Lie replied without hesitation, "I'm a person. Why wouldn't I speak? It just depends on whether or not I want to."

He didn't say much before because he wasn't familiar with Ning's family, and also because Su Junyan was showing off everywhere. He didn't want to talk too much and followed the principle of speaking less.

But now that the cat is out of the bag, and Ning Tang is not a difficult person to get along with, Shen Lie naturally spoke more.

"Dad, I'm hungry!" Dawa interrupted the two.

Shen Lie massaged his forehead and silently repeated, "Children are a debt, children are a debt." He turned around and went to the kitchen to cook.

Soon, three dishes and one soup were on the table. Today, there was a gift from Sister Luo, so Shen Lie only made one seafood dish, and the other two dishes were made from the vegetables that Sister Luo gave him - garlic eggplant and stir-fried green beans.