Chapter 73: Bad and Stupid

Upon hearing these words, Ning Tang became furious.

She vaguely remembered that if one parent had dwarfism, the chance of the child inheriting the condition was fifty percent.

For the children of individuals with dwarfism, even if they appear normal on the surface and marry and have children with someone without dwarfism, there is still a possibility that their offspring could have dwarfism if they inherit the disease-causing gene.

Sun Minghui mentioned that his parents took Sun Xinan to the hospital, so the doctors must have informed them about this situation.

Alternatively, if the doctors were incompetent and failed to mention it, judging from Sun Minghui's evasive gaze, Ning Tang felt that the first possibility was highly likely.

In the Sun family, Sun Xinan was the third, followed by Sun Ting and Sun Minghui.

What does this indicate? It indicates that Sun Minghui's father was well aware that he had dwarfism and that it could be passed onto future generations, yet he continued to have more children.

With a fifty percent chance, it was a stroke of luck to have only one dwarfism patient among the descendants of the Sun family!

As for Sun Minghui's claim that their children with Zhao Qing couldn't all be as short as his third sister, it was simply empty and malicious talk.

Despite appearing to have a normal height, he might very well carry the dwarfism gene. If he were to marry Zhao Qing and have children, considering Zhao Qing's good luck with having only one dwarfism patient among the five, what if all of their children inherited the condition?

If all of them did, how would they live their lives?

It was evident that Sister Luo had also come to the same realization as Ning Tang, her face turning pale. "What if, by some unfortunate chance, their children turn out to be as 'short' as your father and your third sister? What will they do? How will they get married and find jobs in the future?"

Zhao Qing really wanted to stand on Sun Minghui's side and speak up for him.

But in her mind, the image of Sun Minghui's father and Sun Xinan always flashed, and the thought of having a child like that in the future made her feel overwhelmed.

"Auntie, didn't my father marry my mother?" Sun Minghui said dismissively. "You're overthinking it. There are so many people on the streets who are not tall enough, does that mean none of them can find a partner?"

Ning Tang replied, "I'm telling you clearly, your father and your sister are not short, they are sick."

Sun Minghui opened his mouth to retort, but Ning Tang's words left him speechless. "Whether they are truly sick or not, your family knows it in their hearts." She glanced at Sun Minghui's hands and feet and continued, "No one is short to the point where their hands and feet are 'short' too."

Ning Tang didn't want to waste any more words on him. Every additional word she exchanged with this family made her feel disgusted.

Regardless of Sun Minghui's motives for being in a relationship with Zhao Qing, it was wrong for him to conceal his family's medical condition.

He knew about the possibility of dwarfism being inherited if they had children, yet he chose to continue the relationship with Zhao Qing without informing her, which indicated that he was bad.

If he genuinely didn't know, then he was stupid.

More likely, he was both bad and stupid. Such a person and such a family should never be associated with!