Chapter 68: Separation

Sanwa furrowed his brow. "So they're bad people."

"Yeah, and really bad ones. Let's not bother with them anymore," Dawa thought for a moment and added, "It would be even better if Dad could stop giving them money."

Shen Lie and Ning Tang wrote two reply letters. One was for Ning Weiguo and Sun Aiju, and the other was for the uncle and aunt of Dawa's biological mother, Liang Dong and Bai Xiaofen. The letter to them was filled with harsh words, scolding them and dismissing their hopes of getting any money. They shouldn't even think about coming near them.

After finishing the letters, Shen Lie placed them on the cabinet, ready to send them out tomorrow. Just then, he heard Dawa's words, "Don't worry, Dad is not a fool. He won't give them money anymore."

In the past, when the three children were still young, Shen Lie had to worry about them showing up at their door. But now that all three children were older and sensible, he didn't have to fear their interference. It would only frighten the children.

Ning Tang hadn't carefully read the letter written by Ning Weiguo and Sun Aiju, so she asked Shen Lie, "By the way, why did Mom and Dad suddenly say they want to come to the island?"

In the past, they would send a letter back home every few months, constantly urging them to come, but they never mentioned coming themselves. It was always pushed back.

Unexpectedly, this time they didn't even need to be urged. They took the initiative to say they wanted to come.

Shen Lie shook his head. "I don't know. They didn't mention it in the letter. Mom and Dad just asked how we're doing and if Dawa, Erniu, and Sanwa have grown taller. Then they said they would come to the island at the end of July."

"It's good for them to come and experience the island's beauty and charm," Ning Tang said.

Shen Lie seemed to recall something. "By the way, there was a mention in the letter that Dad resigned from his position as the village head."

"Resigned?" Ning Tang raised an eyebrow.

The main reason why Ning Weiguo and Sun Aiju, who loved the three children so much, had been hesitant to come to the island was because Ning Weiguo held the position of village head and had many responsibilities. There was always something to attend to, whether it was a missing chicken at the widow's house or conflicts between villagers. With spring planting and autumn harvests, there was never a moment of free time, leaving them with no time to visit the island.

"Yeah, Dad resigned voluntarily," Shen Lie said. "That's the only mention of it in the letter."

Ning Tang thought for a moment but couldn't come up with a reasonable explanation, so she let it go.

Anyway, the elderly couple would be coming at the end of the month, so they could ask them directly if there were any questions.

On the thirtieth of July, in the morning, Shen Lie and Ning Tang took Dawa, Erniu, and Sanwa to the harbor to pick up Ning Weiguo and Sun Aiju.

As soon as the elderly couple stepped off the boat, they stumbled a bit.

Ning Tang laughed, "Dad, Mom, are you feeling seasick?"

It was their first time on a boat, and they were indeed feeling a bit seasick.

Sun Aiju retorted, "No, I'm just a bit dizzy."

Ning Tang applied some medicated oil to them, and the smell of the oil stimulated their senses, finally helping them recover.

Dawa, Erniu, and Sanwa all exclaimed in unison, "Grandma! Grandpa!"