Chapter 92: The Arcade

After seeing off the girl with the high ponytail, Dawa and his companions received several more customers, almost half of whom were attracted by the denim pants and the oversized coats with large lapels.

It was all because Erniu, the model, had done a fantastic job. While neighboring stalls managed to sell only one item, Dawa and his friends could sell several. This made the other sellers envious.

The female seller at the adjacent stall was an older woman who spoke fluent Shanghai dialect. She couldn't help but express her sourness, saying, "You kids are really clever. No wonder everyone comes to buy from you."

Dawa smiled and didn't respond. The next time they ran out of stock, if they encountered customers, he would recommend them to the older woman or other stalls, saying, "We're out of stock here. You can check out other stalls." He even pointed them in the right direction.

This way, almost no one criticized them or kept an eye on them anymore. Everyone focused on their own businesses.

The older woman made a deal with a customer referred to her by Dawa. She nodded and praised Dawa, saying, "Young man, you're doing well in business, and you're a good person."

He knew how to conduct business and how to interact with people.

Dawa smiled and took the opportunity to strike up a conversation with the older woman. He managed to extract a lot of information related to doing business from her, such as where to source cheaper goods and where they could be sold better.

While he was talking, a young couple arrived at the stall. They seemed to be students and appeared to be a couple. The guy glanced at Erniu and exclaimed, "I recognize you! You're the White-Haired Girl!"

Dawa and Dahu exchanged glances. White-Haired Girl? They had never heard of it.

The girl, who had been carefully selecting clothes, looked up at Erniu and smiled, saying, "It's true."

They were referring to a performance of the opera "White-Haired Girl" that Erniu had participated in during the National Day concert at the Shanghai Conservatory of Music. She played the role of the White-Haired Girl.

Dressed in simple clothes with white hair and a red headband, coupled with Erniu's beautiful face and remarkable singing voice, she portrayed the plight of the peasants oppressed by the landlords in a poignant and unforgettable manner.

No wonder this young couple recognized her immediately.

In fact, many people recognized Erniu, but these two were the first ones to boldly mention it.

Being called the "White-Haired Girl," Erniu wasn't bothered at all. She smiled and said, "You must be senior schoolmates. Hello to both of you."

Initially, the young couple felt a bit awkward because calling someone the White-Haired Girl directly, although it slipped out in the heat of the moment, was somewhat impolite.

However, they were surprised that Erniu didn't mind at all and even referred to them as senior schoolmates. This made them feel a bit more favorable towards Erniu, and they continued the conversation, saying, "Shen Junior Sister, how come you're soliciting customers here?"

Erniu pointed to Dawa and Dahu and replied, "Because this is my family's stall, and these are my two older brothers."

Dawa nodded at the couple and smiled, saying, "Since you're schoolmates of my sister, I'll give you an 20% discount."

The Shanghai Conservatory of Music was more lenient compared to other schools when it came to students engaging in business. As long as no major issues arose, students were generally allowed to conduct their own business and even bring items to sell on campus.