Chapter 6 - Alex Hunting

- Marisole's POV -

I see Cara run into the waterfall of plants and that's when I know she got into his private sanctuary.

"We've been here for over 6 hours and the guy hasn't showed up yet! Okay, one second helping out a girl isn't going to kill us," he yells back at his coworkers. Then he turns around and smiles at me.

"Sorry about that," he apologizes.

"Oh no, it's fine," I smile awkwardly.

"Here, let's have you sit down," he wraps my arm around his neck and his hand goes around my waist for support and he walks me to a bench near the plant wall.

"So how's your ankle?" He asks sitting us down. He looks down at my foot that I said I hurt.

"Um, I think it's feeling a little bit better. I'm sorry if I got you in trouble with your job over there," I say apologetically looking into his eyes.

"No, it's fine, we don't do anything anyway," he explains. "We just keep on waiting on that Alex guy to come around, but the only action we got was a few hours ago in front of a cafe," He says.

"Why do you do what do you?" I ask looking down at the floor.

"What do you mean?" He questions.

"I mean, why do you invade their privacy, ask them questions and bombard them until they're on the verge of fainting? I saw it go down on the news... That's sick," I say with venom lacing in each of my words.

"It's not something I enjoy doing," he looks at me.

"So why do you do it?" I say looking up at him.

"It's a family business, I had no choice or they would've shunned me," he laughs bitterly. "Some family right?" He looks ahead, shaking his head.

"I'm sorry," I say putting my hand on his leg. He looks at his leg and then back up to me and smiles.

"It's fine," he says.

"So you don't like this job?" I ask him just to clarify.

"I hate it," he says.

"You wouldn't mind doing me a favor then would you?" I ask deviously.

"What is it?" He questions curiously while turning his whole body towards me. I tell him about how Cara is waiting for the curtain behind us and how we have to go and fix everything before something else blows up by tomorrow morning. He laughs after hearing our plan.

"You honestly think after seeing a beautiful girl on the street that I wouldn't recognize you again if I ever saw you?" He looks at me seriously. My eyes go wide and I blush.

"You knew I was the girl the entire time?" I ask shocked removing my Ray Bans from my eyes.

"Well yea, you're terrible at lying. I guess we both had a distraction today didn't we?" He asks sheepishly while looking at me. I laugh at his comment and look ahead at the night sky.

"Yea, I guess so," I say laughing.

"So can you help me get passed this curtain without your friends over there noticing??" I ask eagerly.

"Yea, simple." He says standing up and walking over to the paparazzi.

"Wait," I yell waving for him to come back over to me and he jogs back.

"Yea?" He asks me.

"What if I need another distraction?" I ask. He smirks and pulls out his phone. I smile and give him mine and we trade numbers.

"Call me if you need my help again, okay?" He smiles as he gives me back my phone.

"I never got your name!" I say putting my phone back into my purse.

"Jason," he smiles.

"Marisole," I say.

"Pretty name, for a pretty girl," he says walking away backwards winking.

"Thanks!" I yell as he goes back over.

I sneak into the area behind the bench and I see Cara sitting on the balcony waiting for me.

"So you can get a guys number but you can't add my number into your phone yet and we're going Alex hunting?" She says standing up coming towards me.

"Smooth, Mari, real smooth," she snorts crossing her arms and I just laugh in response.

"Sorry! Believe it or not he is cuter than you," I say sarcastically.

"No way!!" She says her hand covering her mouth. "He must be gorgeous then," she says walking towards Alex's house.

"He was," I say satisfied, following her up to his porch.

"Okay, time to focus," she says rubbing her hands together.

"Do we just knock on the door?" I ask confused.

"I don't know, actually, I didn't think we'd get this far..." She says honestly.

"Yolo," I breathe while knocking lightly on the door.

A/N

Hey guys! I know this one was short and a cliffhanger yay :)) Sorry this chapter was so short! But the next one will be good so comment and vote! Thanks guy I love you're feedback.