PROLOGUE.

˚ ₊‧ ୨ ⋆⸌♡⸍꙳ ୧ ‧₊˚

˚ ₊‧ ୨ ⋆⸌♡⸍꙳ ୧ ‧₊˚

"Lisa! Wake up!" A feminine voice called the said girl's name as the person outside banged her fist over the wooden surface.

The woman on the door let out a patience-less sigh and was about to bang her fist against the door again but stopped when her daughter finally opened the door.

"What, mom? It's two in the morning." Lisa groans out sleepily. Her voice was thick and groggy, eyes still gently shut because she was dozing with sleepiness.

"Pack your bags, we're moving." Chitthip said, no ㅡ more like demanded and proceeds to turn around, but her daughter's dramatic response stopped her.

"What?! Mom, are you serious?! How can you say this so suddenly and not to mentionㅡ It's two in the morning!" Lisa let out furiously while gripping her hair. Her somnolence seems to vanish in a split second as her eyes are now wide open.

"Lisa, please, try to understand. Your father left us without any trace because he couldn't repay the goddamn debt that he lost in gambling. We have to move from here because... we have nothing here anymore." Chitthip said in a harsh tone. Her small yet sharp eyes stared right through Lisa's soul. Her eyes were dark and blank but there are a lot of emotions hiding behind those pupils.

"You married an asshole, not my fault." Lisa argued back in her defense. Sending a look of irritation to her mother.

"I know that! Andㅡ And that's why I'm telling you to listen to me and not turn out an asshole like your father!" Chitthip argued back too. Her eyebrows knitted together in a heavy frown. "And if you turn out to be like him, I won't hesitate to abandon you, Lisa Manoban! Because I can't tolerate any disrespect anymore!" Lisa's mother's voice broke in the end, eyes watering and she looks like she's a pinch close to breaking down.

"I'm exhausted! Your father failed to turn out as a good husband and a good father. I had to run this whole family where your father spends his all money on gambling! At least you try to understand my pain!" Chitthip slightly yelled out. Drops of tears finally escaped through her eyes but she was still holding a tough and strong attitude.

She didn't even let the tears fall completely as she wiped them away aggressively.

"Go pack your bags. I and your sister will be waiting for you downstairs." Her mother said for the last time before turning away and climbing down the stairs. Her heels make clicking sounds in the silent house.

Lisa was looking down the whole time. She did feel bad for her mother but she also doesn't want to leave this place. Especially her friends and what is even worse is she has to leave without even saying goodbye.