Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Cynthia was walking inside the bar when she heard some shuffling and some noises around it so she walked out and followed the sounds. There was a girl surrounded by five tall and large looking men with knives in their hands.

She didn't look scared this time. The girl looked brave. She had nothing in her hand but she looked fierce.

"What are you doing here girl?" a man asks and Cynthia creeped up behind them and out of their eye shot she stood back and observed.

"What do you mean?" the girl asks. Cynthia found a little trace of worry but she tried her best to sound brave.

"This is our area. You shouldn't be out here," he replied back.

"This place doesn't belong to you. It's for everyone and I get to be here," she replied back and Cynthia smiled.

"No. This belongs to us and only us," he says stepping forward but she didn't stand down. He lifted his hand up to slap her but she blocked it successfully but she wasn't able to see the blow that came to her head.

The five men walked up to the wounded girl and Cynthia knew that they had pervert thoughts just by seeing their looks on their faces. They looked greedy and hungry but she wasn't going to let that happen.

"This place belongs to us, not you," she says stepping outside of her hiding and everyone turns to look at her.

"Ms. Salazar?" the main man who hit the girl says running up to her.

"What made you think that this place is yours?" she asks staring at the man.

"I- just-," he stammered until Cynthia lifted her right arm to silence him.

"I want you and your group gone from here and if I ever see you around our places, whatever you think might happen to you, it'll be worse than that. Is that understood?" she asks and they nod running away.

Cynthia walked up to the girl and held out her hand for her.

"You came back. Why?" Cynthia asks looking at her wound.

"I remember what you told me. You asked me to be brave," she says and Cynthia smiles.

"Come on. Let's get this wound dressed up before it gets infected," she says taking the girl into the club. She was fascinated by how expensive it looked from the inside too and was amazed how much respect Cynthia got from everyone in the club.

"Pass me the safety emergency kit," she says and the staff nods as Cynthia and the girl sit down in the private lounge.

"This kit looks prepared and ready," she says as Cynthia opens the box.

"Of course. In this club, so many fights occur that we need it stocked," she says as she picked up some alcohol and rubbed it on her wounds on the forehead.

"Did you ever have to use this kit?" she asks as Cynthia applied some medicine and bandaged her forehead.

"So many times," she says smiling.

"I'm ," she says and Cynthia looked into her hazel eyes and dark curly hair. She was a beautiful mixed race girl.

"Cynthia Salazar," she says and the girl smiles.

"How old are you, Shay?" Cynthia asks sitting down and puts everything back into the box.

"I'm 13," she says and Cynthia turned to look at her.

"What is a young girl of 13 years doing at this part of the town so late?" Cynthia asks.

"I don't have a family. I sleep on the bus or trains," she says.