𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕕 𝕤𝕟𝕖𝕒𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕠𝕦𝕥

ℝ𝕚𝕧𝕖𝕣 ℙ𝕙𝕠𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕩

I woke up to the sound of my husband River and our daughter Savannah talking in the living room. I rubbed my eyes and slowly got out of bed, wondering what was going on. As I walked into the living room, I noticed that River had a stern look on his face, while Savannah appeared to be trying to defend herself.

"What's going on?" I asked, my voice cracking with sleep.

River turned to me, his eyes blazing with anger. "I caught Savannah sneaking out of the house," he said, his voice low and dangerous.

Savannah rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "It's not a big deal, Dad," she said. "I was just going to a party with some friends."

"A party?" River practically shouted. "You're only sixteen years old, Savannah! You're not going to any parties!"

I could feel the tension in the room rising as Savannah and River continued to argue. I tried to intervene, but my words seemed to fall on deaf ears.

"River, calm down," I said, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't tell me to calm down!" he snapped, shrugging my hand off. "Savannah needs to learn that she can't just do whatever she wants!"

Savannah let out a frustrated sigh. "Why can't you guys just trust me?" she asked, her voice trembling slightly.

"Trust you?" River repeated, incredulous. "How can we trust you when you're sneaking out of the house in the middle of the night?"

The argument continued for what felt like hours, but was probably only a few minutes. Eventually, Savannah stormed off to her room, slamming the door behind her. River and I sat in silence for a few moments, both of us still seething with anger.

"I don't know what to do," I said finally, my voice barely above a whisper.

River sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I don't either," he admitted. "But we can't just let her do whatever she wants. She's still our daughter, and we have to set boundaries for her."

I nodded, feeling a sense of sadness wash over me. Being a parent was hard, and moments like these made me wonder if I was doing the right thing. But deep down, I knew that I loved Savannah more than anything, and that I would do whatever it took to keep her safe.

ℂ𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕪 ℍ𝕒𝕚𝕞

I had been sound asleep when I heard a faint creaking sound coming from my son Noah's room. I blinked hard, trying to clear the grogginess from my eyes, and then sat up in bed. I turned to my husband, Corey, who was sleeping soundly next to me, and shook him awake.

"Corey, did you hear that?" I asked, my voice hushed.

"Hear what?" he muttered, still half-asleep.

"I think someone's in Noah's room," I said, my heart starting to race.

Corey jumped out of bed and followed me down the hallway to Noah's room. We pushed open the door to find our son trying to slip out the window.

"Noah!" I exclaimed, my voice louder than I intended. "What on earth are you doing?"

Noah jumped at the sound of my voice and turned around to see us standing in the doorway. He looked sheepish and guilty, like a kid who had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

"I was just going out to meet some friends," he said, trying to sound casual.

"Meet some friends?" Corey repeated, his voice rising. "It's the middle of the night! You're supposed to be in bed!"