Jam Sessions with Jeff

I arrived at Alex's place a little later than I was supposed to be. I had stopped at the store to get myself gas for my car.

"Hey, where were you?" Alex asked, opening the door for me to go in.

"I was just getting gas man." I stepped inside. "Don't worry. I wasn't going out of my way to murder someone or something."

"Well, okay. You ready to jam with Mark?" He asked.

"Do you still have my guitar here?"

"Yeah," he nodded, "of course I do. Mark is waiting in the back." I followed Alex into the bedroom that he had turned into a little studio. Mark was sitting alone, tuning his bass.

"Hey," he said, looking up. "I'm not finished yet."

"It's fine man. I still have to tune so whatever. What songs can you play?" I asked, really clueless about his music taste.

"Um, what's your top favorite bands? If their good I might know how to play their shit."

"The Used, Taking Back Sunday, My Chemical Romance, Placebo, and The Start. I fucking love them."

"You're in love with Aimee Echo." Alex spoke up.

I turned around embarrassed. "You stop talking about Aimee." All of a sudden behind me I heard 'The 1 2 3 4' Mark was singing too.

"Are you the one?

Are you the only one?

Are you my 1 2 3 4 fucking five for sure?"

"Holy shit, you can play. Anything else you can play from my favorite bands?" I turned back around to him still tuning. Alex was going over to warm up on his drums.

"A little, but lets just practice together instead of only me." He smiled and glared over at the black, blue, and pink guitars waiting on the wall. He urged me to go get one.

"Okay then, I'll get my bitch." I grabbed my black guitar. It had been my first guitar, and so I called it my bitch.

"What do you guys wanna play?" I asked, plugging in my guitar and going up to the microphone.

"I don't know,-." I replied, getting cut off by Alex.

"I know you want to play 'Like Days' by The Start now." Alex smiled. "The Aimee Echo obsession is back into action."

"Shut up." I shrugged, "Sure, whatever. Do you know to play that song?" I asked Mark.

"Yeah," he stood up, "let's jam man."

"Alright, lets go."

"Yesterday or the day before.

Definitely yes, yes the days before.

On both of those, it occurred to me.

That I might already be dead.

Dead and yet, I'm awake it seems.

I'm awake and stuck in extended dreams.

Like life, like light. Like days, like nights.

That I spend holding nothing but skill.

And I might be dead, but I could be wrong.

And I might be dead, but I could just be wrong.

Wake me please, so I can see.

It's only a dream, only another dream.

Wake me please, so I can see.

It's only a dream, only another dream away.