Chapter 2 - Making a Mark

KAGE POV

"Hello there! I suppose you're the new recruit who was talking to Khani? Khani is the shortie with the clipboard." The man laughed kindly, he had a somewhat fatherly aura. "Do you have children?" I ask bluntly. I watch as his eyes widen, "Yes, actually. A little girl named Blossom, and a baby boy named Ritorhopu." He chuckles. I nod, and ask, "Where is sniper training?" Suddenly, I can tell he is back to Business-Mode and points south of where we are. "The far range helper is straight south, then to your left." I nod and start walking towards where he was pointing.

When I arrive, I walk up to the man, whom is 6'6. "Sniper." I say. He laughs at me, I can tell he doesn't think I can hold a sniper, nor shoot one. "Do you speak for experience, or are you trying?" He laughs out, "I'm a sniper. Give me the hardest targets you have and I will set up on the highest hill in the recruit training area." He stops laughing, and points towards a tree on top of a hill. "Try shooting from that tree there, I will set up the targets. Don't feel bad if you miss, no recruits have been able to shoot these 'ere targets." He walks away grabbing targets from a shed of some sort. I walk away, beginning my quest to prove him wrong.

By the time I reach the tree, I look and see everyone gathered in the target range. I unsling my sniper, and set up in the tree. I notice some recruits using binoculars searching for me. Tch...

I look around the area for the captain of the target range. I spot him holding an apple and flirting with another captain. I set my sights for the apple. I calculate the percentage I will hit, and miss and these are the results;

HIT TARGET: 100%

HURT PEOPLE IN RANGE: 0.01%

MISS TARGET: 0%

HURT CAPTAIN: 0%

Taking in my information, I aim and shoot. I slowly see the bullet hit the apple, making it explode. While others see an apple explode. I burst into a fit of laughter as he immediately looks at the tree. I watch as he clicks a button and targets appear. I aim for the first moving target. I look into my scope and think of a strategy. 1...2....3.... Shoot! The bullet pierces through the first target. I crazily smile, as I shoot one bullet, and it expands into several, all hitting a target. None of the targets are left moving, nor even up. I watch as recruits panic, due to the targets being on fire. I just laugh, watching them worry like that, nothing is going to happen. They're fake flames! I pack up my sniper, and sling it around my shoulder again. And I begin my long walk back to the target range.

"Do I get some celebration, being the first recruit to destroy those targets? I bet some of the captains couldn't hit them either.. That's just my guess, but it's probably true. And captain, how was that apple?" I speak, then burst into laughter. The captain's face darkens a tint of red, "No, recruit Kodai go to sleeping quarters NOW!" He shouts. Sighing, I start walking to where I believe the sleeping quarters, only to realize when I arrive it's the male recruit chambers.

Whatever.

I walk into the boys sleeping quarters, and snag a room. Locking the door behind me, I examine the interior design. Navy blue walls, dark hard wood floor, bathroom, and basically the whole theme was blue, dark wood, cream, and white. I notice a lump on the bed, and slowly approach the bed. I jump onto the person, and laugh as he screams. "What the hell are you doing in the BOYS quarters?!" The male shouts, "Shut up, I'm sleeping here. Deal with it roomie!" I shout, rolling to the other side of the queen sized bed. "Cross this wall of pillows, and I'll kill you with my sniper." I say while putting a wall of pillows between us. I peek a glance at the stranger, and he is actually kinda cute!

Black hair to his ears, Olive skin, Dark Grey eyes with blue flecks, and loose baggy clothing. I realize we both zoned out, checking each other out, and noticing he is still checking me out. I smirk on the inside. Jumping over the wall of pillows, I hug him to death, "OMMEGERD YOU'RE SO CUTE, YOU'RE MIIINE! ALL MIIIIIIINE!" I scream out, as he begins thrashing. "My name is Kage, tell me yours." I say, "Raito.." Raito just manages to say. I then plant a kiss on his cheek, and fall asleep hugging him.

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter! Nu, I so surry ;0;. I hope you enjoy this new character in the story ;) Kage-Chan has a cruuuushhhhh! oooooooolala!