Chapter Fourteen - I'll Be Fine, We'll Be Fine!

Sorry for any mistakes!

*****Harry's Pov*****

I open my eyes to bright white lights and a pain in my head. After a few seconds of squinting at the lights, my eyes adjust and I'm able to see. Thank god for that!

All I see at first is white; I sit up so I can look at my surroundings. The fist this I notice is that I'm in a hospital. What the hell?! ... Oh right now I remember, I fell, I think.

The next thing I see is Louis, he's sitting uncomfortably in a chair on the other side of the room, eyes locked on his phone, avoiding making eye contact with anyone. Though his eyes dart to me the minute I try to sit up father.

His face is full of panic; the sight makes guilty me blame myself for it.

"H-harry!" He squeaks out relieved. I try to smile the best I can but I wince at the pain it causes to my head. "Y-you're awake! I- I tho- I -" he tries to speak breathing heavily. I put my finger to his lips to stop him from continuing.

"Hey, Lou, breathe for me okay?" I say sweetly, don't want him to pass out from hyperventilating. He takes several deep breaths before trying to talk again.

"I-I should g-g-go g-get you're m-mum!" He stuttered eyes wide still, with fear. I squint my eyes in response as Louis goes back over to where he was sitting. Only now do I notice my mother in the chair next to Louis'. He shakes her awake gently and as her eyes open he just points in my direction, trying not to look into her eyes.

My mom zips up and rushes over to me, bombarding me with questions, of how I'm feeling. "My head hurts a bit, why what happened?" I shoot back, worried about how bad I could be if she looks that worried!

"Well, you like, I don't know, I guess you just weren't looking where you were going and slipped down the stairs. But your head was bleeding, a lot! And so here we are." My mom finishes still looking at me weirdly.

"If that,s all while do you look so terrified, I didn't break my skull or anything did I?" I asked frantic. Through this conversation with my mom I notice Louis staring at the floor back by his chair. I frown and make to move off of the bed and towards him.

"Hey, you have to stay in the bed love." My mom commands. Louis looks up at this and I beckon with my hand for him to come closer. "That's not all..." I place my hand in Louis and squeeze it gently, watching as the blush rises to his cheeks, and he avoids eye contact. "When you got here I figured, you might as well have a check-up, make sure your all healthy." She pauses to compose herself and I grab her hand also as she continues. "So they took your blood for testing, and the x-ray on your skull and such. They noticed things. Like swelling and such and... You have kidney cancer."

All emotion is whipped on my face and I stare at her blankly. I hear Louis start to cry, sniffling and whipping at his eyes. "I - what?!" I ask speechless.

"You're going to be fine, they said it hasn't spread and it's only your left one. If they can find a donor with a compatible kidney, then after they transplant it you should be fine and free from the cancer." My mom points out voice full of hope and slight hysteria.

I struggle to find the words I just reach out to both Louis and my mother. They come willingly and we all have a little cry before I release them. the doctor comes in a few minutes later and discuses procedures and such and Louis' retreated back to his chair so as to be away from the crowd around my bed, eyes red and puffy, and typing rapidly on his phone.

Thankfully I'm high priority and so as soon as they find a kidney they can do the operation and I should be fine. Well that's what I'm going to think about, be positive.