3

𝐊𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐉𝐄 𝐉𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒
𝐋𝐀, 2023
▔▔

I sat in the shop I owned with my 2 friends. Our shop was called BeautyLove.

Nyaring sat at her station growing frustrated with her client talking as she did her nails. She didn't like being talked to while she was working, it made it very hard for her to concentrate on her work.

Yanise sat in the other room as she did a pair of lashes.

I sat in my own chair since I didn't have any clients at the moment.

"This a hair salon right?" A male walked in with a little girl who looked no older than 11.

"It's a Beauty salon" I smiled as I got up out my chair and walked up to greet them.

"How can I help you guys?" I questioned, obviously can tell the situation.

"Yea, my daughter needs her hair done.. Y'all take walk ins right?" He questioned with a worried yet embarrassing expression on his face.

"Oh course, I'll get lil momma right, you can take a seat and she can follow me this way" I said leading the way to my station.

I picked the little girl up and placed her in the seat.

"Why the long face sweet face?" I questioned frowning up my face.

She only shook her head.

"You can talk, I don't bite" I chuckled, seeing the hurt in her face.

She decided to still not talk.

I found a piece of gum in her hair, already assuming the situation.

"We got a sticky situation in here" I chuckled at my own joke.

I watched as her eyes watered with tears prepared to fall.

"Are you gonna have to cut it?" She asked with a voice crack.

"Of course not, that is not the only way" I said.

"Listen, you are beautiful and your hair does not make you into the person you are. Hair is like a plant, it just grows and grows and once you cut it, it'll grow back. You hear me?" I said as I looked at her face through the vanity mirror.

She shook her head "yes".

"So what's your name? We can maybe be besties if you talk to me" I smiled.

"My mommy named me Princess" She said with a slight smile.

"That's a very pretty name, my name is Kouraje" I said.

I did well with kids although I didn't have any of my own and didn't want any of my own.

"Come on, let's wash this gum out" I said helping her down and leading the way to the wash station.

I wetted her whole head with the warm water and then started to massage the gum out of her hair with conditioner.

"So what do you want done to your hair today?" I questioned.