Sleep Paralysis

I woke up.

I found myself lying on the bed in my uncle's room. Although it was near pitch black, I saw the shadow of a very tall and thin figure with unnaturally long arms standing next to my bed. At first, I assumed it was my uncle, as he used to occasionally come to wake me up during my stay at his house.

I tried to talk, but my mouth froze. I couldn't move my arms or legs either. All I could do was slightly raise my eyebrow.

The figure standing next to me seemed to be looking at me, although it was unclear as it had no facial features. It did not move.

My heart palpitated wildly as I attempted to turn to my right, where the figure was standing. Although my body was paralyzed for the most part, I managed to lift my left hand, forcing it to reach toward the figure, thereby turning my body to the right.

As soon as I did, within a few moments, my body reset to its original position.

I woke up, still unable to move my head. I rolled my eyes to the right, where the figure was still present, its head slightly bent towards me.

This time I made an attempt to get up straight. It got worse this time, almost as if my body and head were stuck to the bed. I then started hearing a dampened static sound. I had no clue how to get out of this.

Fortunately, after a lot of effort, I was able to move my right leg. As soon as I did, my body reset again.

This sequence repeated itself an infinitely long number of times. The static kept getting louder each time. Although nothing unusual happened, the room got darker each time I woke up as the shadow gradually faded into the darkness. The static had reached a deafening crescendo.

Although everything around me eventually faded away, I still couldn't move.

I then closed my eyes. The static died.