VI

* VI *

Azravael waited for the punishment; he waited every day for the death set by the gods and sent to him by their messenger but there was none. He's been waiting for years, as he waits his sole sin is growing that he lost his counts. The only sin that he enjoys, the only thing that makes him feel human, the only thing that is filling the void in his heart, it was Riley. The sin that he loves is Riley without him realizing it. He stares as Riley stepped on stage and receives her diploma, she faced him and smiles, and as he does. It was their graduation day and he was delighted to see that after all the hard work that she have done, she was able to accomplish something greater than that, she's graduating with high honors while he keeps on doing things not making a lot of effort.

He was proud. He felt different. It was something that only Riley made him feel.

"I've got an amazing offer, I can't refuse that," Riley said as she open up about the job application that she have done while waiting for graduation. They face each other as they eat and celebrated their milestone. He still thinks about Ayean, she was supposed to be done too but she was gone. "I see. We'll how can they ignore your very intelligence?" she laughed. Her laughter is something that makes his heart pound in a refreshing and relaxed way. He guessed that love is very something. For an angel of pain like him, he felt the love, the very opposite of his job title. "How about you?" "I'm good. I can find it anywhere." He was thinking of living all of his life for Riley, as long as she lives, and then following her when she dies since he is required to pass too. The moment he thought of that, he started to think about refusing the will of the gods, his death, not knowing that not only the gods of the heavens wanted him but also the gods of the underworld. They can no longer wait for the heavens to do the action, they are very impatient. They've been testing Azravael since the day that he was born but his will was strong enough to keep himself intact. Five months after their graduation, they received something that is making him break the balance of the world. "A-azra..." Riley called him. Riley was in the bathroom when she called him and showed him the rectangular shape with two red lines in it. He saw the tears in her eyes, it was something that humans called blessing. He was in shock and couldn't get the right words to say so he just hugged her. He became a father. His sin had a fruit. It was a sin for the divine eyes, but for human eyes, it was a gift of life. He felt the pressure but he knows that everything will be fine as long as he has them both.Riley grows as the months go by. No message from god arrived to him. It was as if he was abandoned by them but he believes that they were just upset. He knows that the gods know well that he will still face his consequences when the time comes. He knows that the gods understand. After nine months, the day has arrived. Azra was nervous but he knows that Riley can do it. She can do it, he will help just a little to ease the pain. He knows that she is strong. By her scream he felt the pain running through her whole system, With every scream, he knows that it was hard and she was really trying. The screaming was over and it was replaced by a cry and laughter. Riley made it. His daughter made it. "Beautiful, just like you are," Riley said. Indeed, the kid is beautiful, glowing. So this is the daughter of a human and a half-human angel. Blessed with a divine power entrusted by gods. The fruit of his sin, the love of his life. "It's Bianca." He looked at her as she spoke the name. Riley knows his family story and she knows that it will mean a lot to him that's why she chose that name.

"I love it." he just said and kissed her forehead.

It was the best part of his life. It was irreplaceable. It was something to live for. He was able to appreciate his human life because of the love that Riley gave. Something that the gods can't provide to him. 

= = = =  = = = = =  = = = = = = >>> NEXT >>  = = = = = = = = = = = >>>