The Legend of Zelda: Story/Crossover Ideas, Part 2

Books/Movies/TV series

1. The Legend of Panem
A crossover between The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and The Hunger Games.

Premise

During a cataclysmic event known as The Great Calamity, the Demon King, Ganondorf, and his enemy, the Hero of Hyrule, ended up destroying each other in one last battle to the death. With the cycle of reincarnation seemingly broken and the legendary Triforce now lost to time, Hyrule eventually ceased to exist.

Over the course of a few hundred years, Hyrule slowly evolved into a tyrannical land called Panem that was broken down into 12 individual districts. To ensure that the people of Panem would never rebel against the Capitol, a gladiatorial competition called The Hunger Games would be held every year by a female and male tribute from each district.

During the 72nd Hunger Games, a young boy named Link would volunteer to compete once his younger sister, Aryll, was selected in that year's reaping. Will this boy prove to be the hero Panem has waited so long to appear?

Additional Details

- This is an alternate universe where Panem is the future version of Hyrule. Species once native to Hyrule, such as Gorons, Zora, and many others, will have long since moved away.

- Elements will be taken from many different Zelda games, including characters, monsters, and much more.

- Link, Aryll, and their grandmother will all live in District 7. Link, from a young age, would have a close friendship with Johanna Mason that will become more complicated once she becomes his mentor for the Hunger Games.

- This story will be set 2 years prior to the events of the first novel. Link will eventually have to compete in the 75th Hunger Games alongside the other Victors.

- The 72nd Hunger Games will take place in a recreation of Hyrule Field.

Main Characters

1. Link

Age: 16-17

Home: District 7

2. Aryll

Age: 12-13

Home: District 7

Link's sweet, kindhearted younger sister who is forced to compete in the Hunger Games. She eventually sports an appearance similar to Linkle during the actual competition.

 She eventually sports an appearance similar to Linkle during the actual competition