Lascivious aftertaste [Ghost x Femreader]

3k words

~~~
Even though a tight-lipped lieutenant byname equally as mystique as the person it belonged to - Ghost, didn't do anything in particular to deserve heart eyes, his, camouflaged by constant serious demeanor charisma could be felt through the walls if he wished for it to be so, which was still a rare occurrence. Through the silly jokes, he was carefully letting his guard down from time to time in a circle of proxies, having no fear of showing his real personality sealed up by a series of disturbing events happening throughout his life.

Sometimes, sometimes it was a different person, which never failed to surprise you or other members of the team he was the head of. Exactly the personality that he let slip carefully and little by little in person made you admire him not only as the leader but as the man outside of the workfield as well. There was adoration and something else, something more potent that you tried to put an end to. Still, being unfortunate to do so - you let yourself gingerly stare at him ever so often, imagining some blush-granting scenarios known to you only.

A crush, that's what it was. As simple as that. What wasn't unsophisticated - was the man this crush was directed to. A walking enigma, that's what he was. As time went by, sending you mixed signals wasn't an infrequent incident, but no matter how hard you tried, you failed to perceive their intended meaning. If there even was an intentional value to his actions.

Sly, scrutinized glances thrown your way between-times were confusing enough to be tentative of the hidden messages behind them. Again, what if this was your way of comprehending the situation, and there was nothing besides your delusion? Not to ruin the already stable platonic relationship with your little dreams - the decision to leave it like this was made, despite absolutely hating leaving things incomplete.

"Oh, a cookie!" the delicious-looking confectionery was wrapped in some kind of see-through plastic envelope the size of the product it contained. A repetitive pattern of green and red polka dots decorated the outer side of the wrapping. Small enough dots were revealing the product inside - a round shaped, the size of a palm cookie had frosting on top of it: a Christmas tree. Under the tree was a phrase written in cursive, red letters.

"Happy Christmas ;)" a winking face summarized the innocent design.

Finding a Christmas-themed cookie before Christmas could be a coincidence, but not this time; obviously left there as a little surprise for the first one to find by someone else on the base on the eve of the holiday. Just before your hands took the cookie, inspecting the glazed, shiny drawing, Ghost appeared in the same kitchen on the base. Walking you by with his eyes glued to the back of the figure standing near the table, he spread out the weary body on the sofa.

"What is that?" his gaze inspected your inquired face over the shoulder.

"Gaz probably decided to leave little treats for us again," you returned the glance, "remember last year?"

Last year, for Christmas, your teammate named Gaz receiving the captain's Price approval - hid small gifts all over the base to be found randomly, hoping to uplift the spirit after numerous troublesome tasks.

"Again," out of earshot, a scoff followed the words once Ghost relaxed his body on the same sofa, focusing on some comedy show the TV broadcasted.

"I mean," having a little idea of sharing the cookie with Ghost as a sign of expressing respect, you made your way to the couch slyly, "I like this idea, why not?"

Disregarding the additional text on the backside of the packaging, the cookie was quickly unwrapped and broken in half, distorting the enameled drawing on it. The bigger half served on your palm reached out to the man once your body silhouette appeared next to him sitting with your legs crossed, planting a confused look on his face. After a second of silent negotiations inside his head, his fingers hooked up the edge of the cookie, accepting your offer. Pulling the mask up and leaving it scrunched on his nose, never taking his eyes off you already tasting the treat, the cookie appeared between his lips as he bit off a small chunk of it. Making sure the flavor was to his liking, another bite was taken. Then another and another. Same with you. Simply savoring the pastry in silence for a while, you also enjoyed the company of your L.T.