𝐂𝐡. 𝟏- 𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

A/n

I haven't written in over a month, so this might not be as great as I expected this to be. I don't really have plans for this book, so please, I'm open to ideas.

-----

I've been awake for too long, or did I just wake up?

Lately, I've been going to bed at late hours and waking up as early as 3 in the morning, having having one desire in mind, water. I drag myself across the cold, edgy, wooden floor boards, always noticing that they left a waxy feeling at the bottom of my foot. The air is always so hummid, but the floor so cold, yet the water is always room temperature. Luckily, at this house, he has ice cubes, which fixes everything.

I look outside of the cracked window, the figure of someone smoking catching my eye, that house next to mine.

That's not a good man, I always see him hitting someone or drinking, then always before I go to bed, see a boy sneak in. I guess today he snuck in successfully. I see him throw the filter to our side of the grass, then walk in, I look to any windows visable, seeing a room with its lights on. That must've caught the mans attention, him then storming over to the room, I see the ugly man start beating the boy. I was now just staring, my lips sepperated as I was watching.

Suddenly, the boy, he looked away from his father, locking eyes with me. His look mortified, as he had a hard grip on our eye contact, not letting me go. I soon got the hint that he wanted me to do something, so I opened the window and. . .

Threw my glass at the window to the living room, his living room, he dropping the boy and looked back at me smiling, still in slight fear. I closed my window and ducked, trying to make sure he didn't see anything. That asshole deserved it after what I saw him doing and for throwing a ciggeratte in my lawn. Since he was fixed on what happened, I made my way back to my room. Walking in, I look from the window above my bed and see the boy thanking me before turning his lights off. Assuming he went to sleep, I went to bed, waking up 2 hours later for school.

------

I lumped out, groaning the whole time I got dressed. There was nothing to look forward to at school, no sports, no subjects, nothing--

As I lost my train of thought, I heard a loud commotion outside of my room, peaking out my room to look. Seeing this girl, and that guy my mom is dating. "God damn it, Sylvia, why can't you piss someone else off today, be a cheating whore somewhere else!" He shouted at her. I walked out just to walk to the bathroom to brush my teeth, still listening. It wasn't anything huge, something about how he cheated on someone for him a while ago and the guy didn't want her, so she's crawling back to him. Walking out, I see how despreate she was to be with the guy, I walk past them and grab my bag, making my way to school.

This time around, I was on the greaser side, so it grew on me, someone also growing on me.

"Hey." I heard someone spoke. Stopping as I looked around, seeing the boy from last night behind me, I turn fully to face him. Not knowing what to say, I don't really talk to.. well.. greasers that often. "Well uh.. You saved me last night heheh.. I would've had my head caved in by my old man.." He added. I just stared at him, looking at his facial features. "Oh, uh.. yeah.. I'm happy to hel--" I replied. Him cutting me off. "Look.. I just wanted to tell you that I owe you one.. anyway, I better get going... Mr. Hutchen wants me to come early for some reading thing.. See you..?" He replied. Trailing for me to reply.
"Oh uh.. My name is Y/n, what's yours?" I asked. "Johnny, Johnny Cade. See you, Y/n" Johnny replied. I stared at him weaved him bye.

"Ba.. Bye." I spoke under my breath. Staring at him for a bit, his greasy hair slicked hair, his worn jeans... and that face..

It was so soft, yet so threatening, what was he doing with the greas-- well I would be out of line to also ask that. Because right now essenually a greaser now. But his face just didn't fit the rough, tough, greaser life style, I guess it would be better to fight back than to get bullied. I'll give him that.

I continue my walk to school, seeing out of my peripheral vision the Curtis house. I vaguely knew his parents, always greeting me or weaving at me, they were some nice folks I'll tell you that. I heard what happened, I put a flower on their grave, I felt bad that it was just one.. so I grabbed a whole bouque and put it on their grave. Sodapop I saw often when I went with my moms boyfriend of the year to get gas, him and this guy Steve. I never knew him, I just knew him by his name tag, he had a real bad staring problem, but never went over to talk to me.

I had a few classes with the other brother... Pony I think? Something like that, he never really talked, or did anything really... I just knew that he was called out in that assembally for ranking top 5 in track, which was cool I guess.

He was smart too, I always peaked over at peoples tests and homework, and I saw all 90% in the homework he was passed back. I never had a tight grasp on why he was a smart kid, but was a greaser.

-----

A/n

Heheh, love how slow the story is? You should add this to your lists and vote maybe???

Love you guys <3

Insta: 03angel09

-Angel