10 Years Ago

AN: Hello everyone, I hope you've all been well. Since I was recovering from both my ankles being sprained...yes you read right both ankles. Let me tell you worst pain Ive ever experienced. So I killed timed by not only working on " It Up To Us " but I was also working on this new book as well. I hope you enjoy it.

Duncan's POV

November

2007

Toronto National Airport

7:50PM

I quickly speed up to the side, slamming the breaks hard I unbuckle myself out of the drivers seat and bolted inside.

" Where is it? " I breathed quickly looking up the giant screen displaying all the airline and times, finally spotting it my eyes open up seeing her flight was boarding and minutes away from leaving.

Not wasting another second I once again was making a bolt to the gate " No...no don't leave " I breathed ignoring everything happening around me.

God why?

Why was this happening, did these past 2 years that we've been together was going to be gone.

I remember when I first saw Courtney walk into class, she was a preppy, goody too shoe, straight A geek. While I was a troublemaker 😈 delinquent that valued my guitar 🎸 and music 🎵 then valuing anything else.

I was a jerk at first making fun of her, teasing her and our constant bickering, but then when we were partnered up for a class I was failing she helped me out alot. Even tutored me in other classes.

Then as time went on I thought 💭 to myself how perfect she was. Courtney was cute well actually more and I ended up falling in love with her.

Took me a while and the guy's encouragement to ask her out but she did, which was the best day of my life.

Eventually I started opening up to Courtney about how I would get into trouble, been arrested and even went to juvie. And that music was what got me to stay out of trouble.

Whenever me and the guys had a gig, she always sat or stood in the front smiling and cheering for me. Courtney really meant everything to me and I would be broken if I ever lost her.

But now instead of us going to our last dance I'm going to lose her...

~~~~~~

Courtney's POV

The tears couldn't stop falling as I sat in my seat in first class. Looking at my phone screen I read the last message Bridgette sent me...

Bridgette: I know I can't change your mind but is this really it?

Taking a moment to breath I slowly type my answer...

Me: It was clear that he doesn't want me anymore, I'm on the plane now. I'll miss you and everyone so much but I need to forget him.

I wipe my tears away as I turn my phone off before taking off...

" Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to UK airlines we will be leaving shortly "

I had just convinced my parents to let me stay and finish my junior year, but then after getting my heart broken I changed my mind and told my parents I would be on the soonest flight to London.