Chapter 8

Going to the Centre was already becoming a habit for Myungsoo that he did not think beforehand about what he was going to do. Probably a day of lazing around with Soo Jung. Hyoan was also not reluctant to let Myungsoo spend almost every day at the Centre, he could sense Myungsoo's mood improving, he was not afraid to show his scars and he seemed as if he was accepting his past. The past of nightmares.

Hyoan dropped Myungsoo off at the gates of the Centre before driving off to run some errands. He made it a note to Myungsoo that he would be back by 5. As Myungsoo hopped off the car, as usual, he proceeded to the garden to find Soo Jung.

He was warmly greeted, for the first time in his life, by a "Myungsoo oppa!" In addition, he saw Soo Jung sitting on a mat with a picnic basket placed right in the middle. "Myungsoo oppa, here," Soo Jung was facing Myungsoo as if she could see through her sunglasses and patted at a spot on the mat next to her.

"What's all these?" Myungsoo inquired with confusion written all over his face.

"Well, although I can't see, I'm capable when it comes to food. Oh, did you not notice that I brought along my guitar too?" Soo Jung replied with a grin. Myungsoo looked around earnestly for her guitar and found it sitting on the bench. His face widened with a smile as he stood up to reach for the black guitar case and passed it to Soo Jung.

"Gumawo, oppa."

Soo Jung zipped open the guitar case and out came a brilliant ombre red guitar. That was the most magnificent guitar Myungsoo had ever seen, it was a true beauty. He thought the guitar which his father bought for him was already the most beautiful one, a purely white guitar filled with love and passion. But this hot, flaming red guitar struck him hard and he could feel the love of the guitar which was put into it when the new owner received it. Myungsoo was struck with awe.

"What is it? Have you fainted from the beauty of the guitar? It was passed down from my father to me. I... I have never seen it before. I can roughly imagine how it looks like though..." Soo Jung explained.

Myungsoo wanted to change the topic of the conversation as he could sense that it would turn out to be a mood-ruiner. He immediately started off, "I'm hungry, let's eat!" He reached for the picnic basket and took two bentos out. He gave one to Soo Jung with a pair of chopsticks. They took only a few minutes to finish everything in the lunch box and smiled with glee. Soo Jung took her guitar and started strumming the chords of another song. It was another song by Infinite- Man In Love. She sang and strummed the chords which made the usual fast-paced song become slow but peaceful. When Soo Jung was done, Myungsoo looked at her in awe again.

"Wae? Oppa wae?" Soo Jung asked. Myungsoo did not reply anything but, "that was beautiful." He was so struck with awe as he felt that Soo Jung could really feel the music in her. Music, that was what kept Myungsoo alive. Myungsoo could not help but ask, "Daebak, Soo Jung, are you an angel?" All he got in return was a scoff.

It was already evening, around 4.50pm when they were out of the garden. Out of the blue, before Soo Jung headed for her room, Myungsoo turned around. He could not keep it in him and he asked, "Soo Jung, I want to see you." He did not think carefully about what he said and immediately wanted to take his words back. Would she misunderstand?

Slowly... carefully... Soo Jung took off her sunglasses. Her eyes were closed at first. For the first time, Myungsoo saw her whole face. Her lips were thin and small, her jaw was sharp. Straight eyebrows, long eye-lashes. What about her eyes? Even slower now, Soo Jung opened her eyes. For the first time, Myungsoo saw her real eyes.

Her eyes were really like an angel's- bright, brilliant, blue.