Chapter 17

The next morning in school, panda-eyed Woohyun was rattling on about not having enough sleep the previous night, about his cousin moving in or something, but Myungsoo was drowning in his own thoughts. He thought about how months flew by in a jiffy, about Soo Jung, about his mysterious stalker.

"She's really pretty, ya' know. Myungsoo. Myungsoo? Earth to Kim Myungsoo," Woohyun started poking Myungsoo's sides.

"Huh? Oh, yes," Myungsoo replied nonchalantly.

Woohyun let out a sigh in disapproval and shook his head. "What I am saying, Myungsoo, is that perhaps you should stop being so crazily obsessed with SJ. Like, how long has it been? Move on, you can try to check out more girls," Woohyun wiggled his eyebrows.

"Okay," Myungsoo pursed his lips. He was sick of this kind of talk.

Woohyun sensed the atmosphere in the air and tried to change the topic. "Ahhhh, Myungsoo ah, help me with my homework jebal," he rested his head on his hand. "If only my cousin moved in during the holidays instead."

"Cousin?"

Woohyun, exhausted, let out a deep breath, "I was telling you about her just now, and I'm not surprised that you weren't listening." Myungsoo let out an embarrassed smile and muttered an apology. 

The familiar ring of the school bells sounded, indicating that it was time for lunch break. Jiae, who was sitting in front of Myungsoo, turned back and said with a smile, "Oppa, let's go eat lunch!"

Myungsoo was stunned by her statement. He was expecting her to still be mad with him about the previous incident which he rejected her. Why was Jiae behaving like this? She should have been ignoring him, giving him death glares or avoiding eye contact. What was with the sudden friendliness?

Jiae, as if she had the power to read minds, answered Myungsoo's questions which was ringing in his head, "Oppa, just forget about what happened... Pretend like it never happened. Friends?" She put out her right hand for Myungsoo to shake, resembling the 'continuation' of their friendship. Aish, this girl, Myungsoo thought to himself. 

"Why are you like this?" he could not help but feel a pang of guilt by how nice Jiae was treating him. He knew that it was because Jiae liked him, but he could not let it be a mutual feeling. He loved Soo Jung, and that was not going to change. "Jiae ah, you do know that this feeling between us is not going to become mutual any day soon, right? There are other guys in our class, or in the whole cohort, they're more fit for you. I definitely can't even fit into the definition of 'handsome'. Why me?" Myungsoo tried not to sound harsh.

Woohyun, who had been at the side and observing this scene at first, cut in immediately, "Myungsoo... stop."

As if Woohyun had not been there, Jiae answered Myungsoo's question directly. "Because I'm blind, oppa, and you're just right. Well, for me, at least."

The familiarity of the words struck Myungsoo so hard. Blind? It sounded like what Soo Jung would say to him. He must have cringed upon hearing Jiae's words as Jiae immediately took her words back. "Sorry oppa, I didn't say anything."

;-;-;-;-;-;

It was back to their usual routine- Woohyun, Myungsoo and Jiae sharing a table for lunch break at the cafeteria. Myungsoo decided to skip lunch since he was not feeling hungry. Once Jiae and Woohyun had gone to buy their food, Myungsoo took out his diary which he had written for Soo Jung once again, as girly as it may seem.

Soo Jung,

Once you come back you may know about this girl called Jiae. If you ever see her trying to be intimate towards me, don't worry to much, she's always like that. As much as you probably would not like her, she's really a nice girl with a bubbly character. I don't actually know if you'll ever get a chance to meet her though.

She has been a good friend to me all this time when you were gone and while I have to endure the hardships at school. Really, I think I managed to pull through because of her and another chingu called Woohyun.

I don't want to keep anything from you, so I'll just remind you again that she has certain feelings for me but I promise that it'll always be you, Soo Jung.

It will always be you.

Myungsoo immediately closed his diary once he had finished writing and kept it in his bag when he saw Woohyun approaching in his peripheral vision. Unfortunately, he was too late.

"Writing in that girly diary again?" Woohyun asked with a wide grin.

"Nope, just documenting my life..."

------------------------------------------

i think my chapters are getting lamer and lamer and wowza almost reaching 200 votes thanks so much guys ;* all the best and pray that I will be determined enough to finish this book lol or yall gna live your life in suspense hahahajk