Piccolo's Training

Wilderness/Wastelands
Few months later

"Again!" The gruff voice of Piccolo echoed through the wasteland. Two battle cries answered his echo as two bodies rushed towards him at high speeds. Piccolo dodged a punch from Gohan and jumped over a kick from Kyru before he grabbed both of their legs and threw them a few feet away. Kyru smashed into a boulder, which now had an indent of her body once she fell to the ground. Gohan, on the other hand, landed harshly on his back on the ground.

Piccolo crossed his arms over his chest and wait for them to get up. After a few minutes, he grunted and turned and was about to walk off when his sensitive hearing picked up movement. He looked back and saw Kyru slowly standing up from where she fell. She visibly had scrapes, bruises and maybe even a gash on her shoulder from amount of blood rolling down her arm. He could see her brown eyes staring determinedly at him. He couldn't help but allow a slight smirk. Maybe this girl really could be a great fighter.

He glanced at the crater and saw Gohan was standing up as well, slightly more worse off. He had scrapes and bruises and possibly a small gash or two. He glanced over at the horizon and saw that the sun was slowly setting now. He didn't notice just how much time passed since they started to train today.

"Training is over for today. Back to camp." He started to walk with his two pupils following. The sun was fully down when they got to the camp and Piccolo restarted the fire and sat, cross legged while he crossed his arms over his chest. Gohan plopped down by the fire with a tired sigh, Kyru doing the same.

Kyru watched as Gohan laid down on his front, his face facing the fire and slowly went to sleep. She quickly rolled up her sleeve and looked at the gash on her shoulder. She looked around for something she could use until she felt a warm hand gripped her forearm. She looked up at Piccolo as he inspected the gash before making a cloth appear in his free hand and grabbed a jug he created for water. He placed the cloth on top of the jug opening and turned it upside down, holding the cloth tightly against the opening. He set the jug back down and carefully pulled the now damp end of the cloth back.

He dabbed at the gash, making Kyru wince but she didn't voice her pain. Once he was sure the gash was clean enough, he held the cloth there and let a strip of cloth appear. He quickly wrapped it around the cloth on the gash and tied it tightly before letting her go.

"Thanks Piccolo." She grinned, and Piccolo just grunted and shut his eyes, arms across his chest again. Suddenly, he felt a weight on his lap. He opened his eyes, looked down and saw a passed out Kyru that had landed on his lap. He went to move her when he saw her peaceful face. He quickly scowled and shook his head.

"These brats are making me go soft." He growled under his breath before glancing between Kyru and Gohan. His eyes soften before he slowly shifted Kyru to get her into a more comfortable position. Now she was sitting on his lap, leaning back against his stomach and chest. He ran his fingers through her navy-blue hair, making sure he wouldn't wake her before he reached his free hand over to Gohan. He hesitated before placing a hand on the boy's head.

He continued to glance between the two kids for a minute before his eyes adopted a rather protective look in them.

'No matter what happens, I am never going to let either of you die, I will protect both of you as long as I live...I promise...'