-22-

I am shocked to find the house in complete darkness when I enter. Odd. I wonder if Hannah turned them off. I reach for the light switch beside the door and flip it. Instantly, the room is flooded with bright light, and I see Xavier sitting in the chair facing me.

"Come and sit, Candy.", he says, his voice calm and emotionless. "We have a lot of things to talk about.

I move to take a seat in an arm chair opposite him, wondering why he is home so early. Work usually closes at about 5 or 6, so it's a shock to find him here. I also notice that, for the first time since I've know him, he is not wearing a suit - instead, he's in a pair of black pants and a white t-shirt which shows off his beautifully sculpted muscles. He waits until I am comfortably seated before he speaks.

"What were you doing with my brother?", he asks. Instantly, my face heats up with guilt. Is it possible that he knows about the kiss? I search his face for clues, but he is devoid of any emotion.

"He picked me up from school and took me for lunch. I tried calling you but your line was busy." I gave him a pointed look.

"I thought that I had warned you before that you were not to have contact with him", Xavier says, and I notice the hint of irritation in his tone. Despite myself however, I get angry.

"You don't have the right to dictate to me who I can have contact with", I state defiantly.

"Yes, I do", Xavier said, his tone still calm. "You're mine, and frankly, I don't like to share."

My ears perk up at his words. You're mine.

"I don't understand. How am I yours if we aren't dating?", I ask, confused.

Xavier rubs his temples exasperatedly. "Must we go over this again? Just don't go near Asher again. That's my last word on the issue."

"You don't own me, Xavier, and if I want to hang out with Asher, then I will."

"Why are you so difficult?", Xavier yells, walking towards me, and I shrink back, my hand covering my face.

Xavier stepped back, shock etched in his features. "You though I was going to hit you?", he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

I don't say anything. Xavier picks me up and hugs me, placing a peck on my lips. "I am so sorry baby. Believe me, I would never hit you", he murmurs softly.

When I kiss him back, he looks relieved. He drops me back on my feet, and runs his hand through his dark lovely hair.

"You change me you know", he says, almost as if talking to himself. "You make me feel things that I've never felt before. I'm a different person when I'm with you. You make me wish that I wasn't so messed up. I want to be a better person for you."

His confession moves me. I stand on my tiptoes and peck him on the lips. "You are a very nice person when you're with me. I love... being with you". I almost said I love you

"I love being with you too, baby,", he says, hugging me against his chest.

I want to tell him that I kissed Asher, but I just got him to calm down and I'm afraid that if he finds out, he'll go ballistic. Yes, I'm a coward.

Xavier takes my hand and looks into my eyes. "I know I hurt you today, when I said that we were just friends with benefits, and I want to apologize. You mean way more to me than just a friend with benefits."

I smile at him, a smile that means that all is forgiven.

"So, would you like to eat something?", Xavier asks.

"What do you have in mind?", I say curiously.

"I'm thinking of preparing my special pasta dish for you", he winks at me.