. . . 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 seven

The monster was distracted by being shot in the eye by Eun-hyeok, the others taking the opportunity to runa and hide behind a pillar. Jae-heon and Sung-hoon hid under a car with Eun-hyeok. The air around the group fell eerily silent, Jin-woo able to feel the hair on the back of his neck stand on end.

They staggered in front of a car as its alarm went off, Jin-woo grabbing Ji-su's hand to help her walk. Ji-su fell in pain, the rest of the group following suit in front of the car as the monster sprinted towards them, only for a van to hit it out of the way. Jae-heon and Sung-hoon climbed out from the back, helping the others squash into the vehicle.

"Do you have a licence?" Ji-su asked Eun-hyeok from the back, who sat in the driver's seat with Sang-wook next to him, his back to the front window so he was looking at the others in the back.

"How hard can it be?"

"Oh shit," Sung-hoon groaned, preparing to brace himself.

"Then step on it!"

They moved an inch. Eun-hyeok changed gears. "Hold on tight."

The car shot forward, knocking into everything in their path as monsters ran towards them A dent was made in the roof, just above Sung-hoon's head. One broke a window and grabbed Ji-su's hair, trying to pull her out, causing her to scream. Sung-hoon grabbed her hair as Jae-heon grabbed his machete out. The man apologized to the girl with coloured hair before cutting her hair where the monster had a hold. It shoved its face through the window as Ji-su had managed to move away, the many eyes on its bloody face causing Sung-hoon to gag and Jin-woo to push it out of the way whilst electrocuting it with his bat.

An arm broke through and across the front windows. A monster blocked the vision Eun-hyeok's vision as it laid on the windscreen. A hand shot through the roof that was quickly cut away. A woman with syringes sticking out from her chest pushed her face through the window.

Eun-hyeok crashed into a pile of sand. The car's emergency lights were set off as the boot door opened. The group climbed out of the car, Eun-hyeok and Ji-su helping Hyun-su inside as the others fought off monsters. Blood splattered their faces as grunts sounded from each of them from effort. Sang-wook beat the monsters with his hammer, Jin-woo's shoulder muscles straining as he constantly swung and electrocuted monsters, Jae-heon stabbing the creatures with his machete. They managed to get to the exit, where Gil-seop was waiting for them with a flamethrower. He set almost the whole garage aflame, the monsters' squeals piercing through the air.

The group made their way inside, seeing a spider monster going towards Du-sik, who was laying on the ground without his wheelchair in sight. Blood coated his leg and the ground. Sang-wook and Jae-heon lifted the man, dragging him out of the way as Jin-woo pulled Su-yeong out of the way. Hyun-su stabbed the monster in the chest as it jumped up, electrocuting it as his eyes turned black. The two fell, the spider landing on top with the spear in its chest, Hyun-su continuing to electrocuting it before falling still. The monster fell still not long after.

Jin-woo ran over when he saw Hyun-su move, making sure the little girl was safe with Ji-su, muttering curses under his breath as he helped push the monster away before offering his hand out to help Hyun-su up. The boy looked up at him, his eyes pure black, his chest raising and falling as he caught his breath, taking in the other's expression that was difficult to decipher. Jin-woo tugged Hyun-su up, facing the group as the taller used his spear as support. He looked at them all for a moment before before he staggered towards his room, his eyes back to normal. The shorter followed him, a hand hovering over his lower back to make sure he didn't fall.

"Hyu-su... sorry," Ji-eun said as he took a step inside the room. The boys stopped and turned to look at her. The group gathered around her. "I know we made... things more difficult for you."