. . . 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 nine

Everyone was silent as they gathered in the room that Eun-bi had called ' the morgue ' but someone else had suggested they call it ' the graveyard '. Jae-heon's body had been retrieved and buried, sticks in the shape of a cross with his name written on it standing on top of the pile of sand. Mr An walked over, placing at the base of the cross.

"You died when you should have lived," Mr An spoke. In a time like this, Jin-woo would need some sort of physical reassurance from his brother that usually manifested with them holding hands. But Jae-yong was a monster. He found himself fidgeting with his sleeves as he stood next to Hyun-su, unable to stay still. "And I lived when I should have been the one to die."

Hyun-su glanced at Jin-woo from the corner of his eye, before looking at the shorter's hands. He reached out hesitantly and grabbed one of his hands gently, looking straight ahead. Jin-woo looked at him, slightly shocked, but gratefully squeezed his hand before enclosing both of his hands on top of the taller's, looking at Jae-heon's grave through teary eyes.

=

"Eun-bi, come with me please," Yi-kyung called out, on edge as the sound of the reinforced car grew nearer. The woman didn't know much about the younger, but she could tell that she was hiding something big from everyone. Eun-bi thought she was hiding it well, but Yi-kyung could see in the way she flinched and seemed to get lost in her head when gunshots had sounded from the walkie talkie, from the way she handled weapons so expertly when forced to, despite saying that she had just been a freelance model for the last few years.

Eun-bi looked up from where she was previously looking at the ground, glancing at Sung-hoon that was standing next to her before meeting Yi-kyung's eyes. "Can Sung come? Please?" She batted her eyelashes dramatically, not knowing the severity of the situation.

Yi-kyung sighed before nodding, walking away as the two followed her quickly.

A reinforced car slammed through the front gate of the apartments, breaking past the barriers as everyone screamed and ran away. Men jumped down from inside the vehicle as the soldier came forward and towards them. The leader of the group stabbed him multiple times, grabbing the back of his neck before letting him fall.

Another man grabbed the soldier, forcing him to lay down. He held the soldier's hand up, counting to two before slicing his thumb off. Another man pressed the severed thumb against a sensor on a suitcase, sighing when it beeped multiple times.

"Not it."

"We failed again?" A man threw a bouncy ball towards Jin-ok, who screamed in fear.

The soldier got up to attempt to stagger away, only to be shot in the head.

"Find everyone who's hiding," The man that had shot the soldier instructed his men, chewing his gum loudly. He turned to the group as the briefcase was put back into the car. The man grew bored of standing there after a few moments and walked off.

=

Eun-bi shook slightly, scratching at her neck as Yi-kyung crept forward and took the briefcase back out. Once he realised what was happening, Sung-hoon had gone off to find Sang-wook.

"Come on," Yi-kyung whispered, creeping off with the briefcase in her grip. Eun-bi had no choice but to follow her.

=

Jin-woo grabbed Gil-seop's's arm to stabalize him as he was pushed into the group by two men. One of the men held a piece of red chalk up and drew a circle around them, whistling.