12. ~ Don Quixote ~

Ok... So the theme for this blog is based on the song "Don Quixote" by my fav "Seventeen" 💎

When I first heard this song title I was intrigued, I wanted to know more about what it meant... So I did the first thing any one of us would do... Yeah u got it right, I googled... And the interesting thing I found is that it actually is the title of a Spanish novel written by Miguel de Cervantes.

The book is actually about a man named Alonso Quijano who imagines himself as a knight, gives himself the name " Don Quixote" and sets out on a journey with a local farmer Sancho to perform chivalrous deeds. He also names a peasant woman Aldonza Lorenzo (whom he has a crush on) as his Lady imagining her to be a pretty and elegant princess, thus renaming her as Dulcinea.

Alonso embarks on an imaginary journey where he imagines windmills as giant monsters, fights with monks saying they imprisoned a princess. There are many other adventures which he goes through without being able to differentiate his imagination and reality.

The story has it's own metaphors. It shows us that a little imagination is never a bad thing, in fact it motivates us to move forward. But the takeway from it is that excessive imagination will ruin you. You should be able to distinguish your reality well. It felt interesting reading little snippets of Alonso's journey, though I've yet to read the book completely. I hope you guys read it and feel the same too.

And the song "Don Quixote" gives us the exact message we need to take from the story. It says how other people might point out that our dreams are not real. But it's all upto us, our own set of beliefs are what are more important than any external opinions...

I tried my best to put down what I was feeling. Hope y'all had fun reading. If you have any corrections to make or anything to add, please do mention it in the comments...

Song of the day: Benediction ~ Luke Sital Singh