Side Tracks 3

The next two days were much the same. The ghouls would gather for breakfast with Lilit, Copia already locked away in his office since he started his day long before anyone else. Once they were done eating they would go their separate ways- the ghouls to their chores and Lilit would join them (if she could help them that day) or she would wander the halls, finding ways to occupy her time until lunch and then again until dinner.

On the third day, after breakfast and quite literally bumping into a group of siblings, she was invited to join them in class. She was nervous, without a doubt, but quickly found herself enjoying the topic- introduction to the demon hierarchy. Growing up she was only ever taught about the Goddesses and some Gods, those being the ones she and her sister frequently invoked, so it was interesting hearing about the demons of hell.

Come lunch the siblings she spent the morning with walked her to the refectory where they parted ways after Mountain joined her in line.

"How's my little one enjoying her day?" He asks, taking two trays as usual since he helped her get her food.

"Very interesting. Those siblings invited me to a class. Before I knew it it was lunch time." She replies with a wide happy smile that warmed his heart.

"That sounds fun. Which class? And do you want your usual parfait or something else?"

"Introduction to the demon hierarchy. And yes please. And I think just some fruit as well. I'm not overly hungry."

He nods and sets their food upon their trays and walks behind her as they head to their usual table. The layout of the room never changed so she walked the normal path they took with confidence. She pulled out her chair but before she could sit down she was grabbed from behind in a tight hug that made her squeak out a cry of surprise.

"Little lily lady!" Sunny's cheerful voice rang out in her ear as the ghoulette rocked Lilit back and forth in the hug. "Ugh I've missed you!"

"Sunshine! Let the poor girl go. Satanas, you're lucky she didn't blast you," Cirrus chides, swatting at the other Ghoulettes shoulder. Sunshine pouted but let Lilit go.

"Goddess above what is with people giving me heart attacks lately?" The short witch says to herself as she pats her chest over her fast beating heart.

"Who's giving you heart attacks? Well, besides me of course," Sunny giggles while taking her seat.

"Lots of people. There's so many around me I can't always sense when someone's close like normal."

Mountain reaches over and rubs her back lightly. "I've, uh.. made you something that might help."

Lilit turns to him and smiles softly. "Yeah? What would that be?"

"Well, I don't have it with me right now, but I can run back to the dens after lunch to grab it."

"Oh, are you talking about the- ouch! Cirrus don't pinch me!" Sunny whines as she rubs her arm and shoots the other ghoulette a look.

"Then keep your mouth shut. Honestly woman. Now eat, please." Cirrus leans over and kisses the cheek of Sunshines mask.

Lilit looks to them confused before shaking her head, turning her attention to her raspberry parfait. She takes a bite and hums with delight.

"These seriously are so yummy. I can't wait for Annie to try them."

Lilit pauses lifting her next bite and sighs.

"What's wrong, dearie?" Cirrus asks, reaching over to place her hand on Lilits that's resting on the table.

"I just miss her, you know? Like, I know she's here, but she's not 'here'."

Cirrus gives her hand a gentle squeeze and Mountain wraps an arm around her.  Lilit smiles softly. "Thanks guys."